mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

What a game.

Deflating for the Yanks. You shell Kluber and are all set to be 1-1 heading home, now you blow a five run lead and on the brink.

Great game, huge win. Hope Edwin’s alright.

Jackson has to play for Cleveland.

Bullpen huge again tonight.

I would assume EE is done for the series

Just now, jrry32 said:

@mission27

I'm not necessarily a fire Girardi guy, but those comments are indefensible. That would push me over the edge. Just admit you screwed up. There's no reason not to delay when it's the third out, and the other result is the bases are loaded.

Yeah I would be calling for his head no matter what, but that just pisses me off so much.  Admit that you made a mistake and let your players down. 

Before anyone says you can't fire Girardi because the team overachieved this year, they absolutely overachieved compared to preseason expectations but that has zero to do with Girardi.  Girardi has nothing to do with Aaron Judge hitting 52 home runs. 

What Girardi did was take a team that should've won 100+ games based on pythag and all the other metrics and instead win 91 and lose the division, force us into a one game playoff, and lose home field advantage.  Then he took a team that should've been tied 1-1 with home field advantage in the DS and a HUGE emotional boost from beating Kluber and blew the entire season by making a half dozen completely inexcusable decisions.  

Yanks will be fine, great young core, but this was an extremely talented and fun team that absolutely could've won the World Series and he killed them with his stupidity.  Unforgiveable. 

7 hours ago, NewAge said:

Girardi is still a top 5 or so manager in baseball, don't @ me 

He's one of the worst in game managers in baseball.  He hasn't done jack in 8 years.  And now he's losing the clubhouse because of it.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/aroldis-chapman-likes-comment-joe-girardi-losing-job-article-1.3546723

But Girardi’s malfeasance went beyond that. Green normally is dominant, overmatching even the best hitters. But Yan Gomes, perhaps the softest mark in the Cleveland lineup, fouled off three 1-2 pitches before ripping a double to make it second and third, and then Chisenhall fouled off four 0-2 pitches before getting “hit” to load the bases.

These were signs Green did not have his put-away stuff. Robertson was warmed up. Girardi said he stuck with Green because he had pitched well against Francisco Lindor, Cleveland’s terrific leadoff man. In 2017, Green had struck out Lindor both times he faced him.

But it was just two at-bats. Why would that be more important information than how Green looked at that moment? Green tried to throw a backdoor slider to Lindor at 1-0, hung it and Lindor crushed it for a grand slam.

This is all you need to know about Joe.  He makes these blatantly ridiculous decisions based on 2 at bat sample sizes of data from his stupid binder.  

Archived