BDL Week 3 - Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos

rackcs

Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 3

Match: Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos

Away Owner: @bcb1213

Home Owner: @PR

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Edited by rackcs

Rome Eternals

QB Drew Brees 
RB Malcolm Brown 
WR Amari Cooper 
WR Juju Smith Schuster 
TE Tyler Eifert 
H-back OJ Howard 
LT Andrew Whitworth 
LG Mike Iupati
C Ted Karras 
RG Chris Lindstrom 
RT Ryan Ramczyk

WR Will Fuller
WR Scotty Miller 
WR Hunter Renfrow
OT Braden Smith 
RB DeAndre Swift 
RB Devonta Freeman 
OL Kelechi Osemele 
QB Justin Herbert 

DE. Carlos Dunlap
UT Malik Jackson
NT Dalvin Tomlinson 
DE Dante Fowler Jr 
LB Devondre Campbell 
LB Matt Milano 
CB Marlon Humphrey 
CB William Jackson
CB Jamel Dean 
S Duron Harmon 
S Tre Boston 

Edge Marcus Davenport Q
Edge Leonard Floyd
INT Michael Brockers 
INT Jerry Tillery
LB Jordan Hicks 
LB Alex Anzalone 
CB Nickel Robley Coleman
CB Noah Igbinoghene

Hungary Hippos

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - James Robinson
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - TY Hilton
TE - Jordan Reed
LT - Eric Fisher
LG - Ali Marpet
C - Graham Glasgow
RG - Nate Herbig
RT - Bobby Massie

RB - Leonard Fournette
RB - Darrell Henderson
WR - Darius Slayton
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Andy Isabella
TE - Greg Olsen
TE - TJ Hockenson
OL - Sam Tevi

DE - Brandon Graham
DT - Nick Williams
DT - Jonathan Allen
DE - Everson Griffen
LB - Kyzir White
LB - Joshua Bynes
CB - Casey Heyward Jr.
CB - Shaquille Griffen
NCB - Emmanuel Moseley
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Chuck Clark

DE - Mario Addison
DT - Danny Shelton
DT - Trysten Hill
LB - Eric Wilson
LB - Josey Jewell
CB - Logan Ryan
CB - Armani Oruwariye
S - Buddah Baker

Rome Eternals

Offense 

This week we bring a differently offense than the one we've used recently.  We are going heavy sets run heavy offense using no huddle with the passing game coming off play action 

We feel we can use this strategy this week based upon the opposing personnel.  Hungary does not have many run stuffers on the defensive side and is light on edge and lb depth.  We plan running directly at Everson griffin/ Mario Addison and whoever isn't Jon Allen on the interior.  We have a really good run blocking offensive line.  

Once we get past the first level we get to the athletic but smaller Greenlaw and perhaps Harrison Smith, a safety x perhaps kyzir white, a converted safety, or Eric Wilson who was just picked up off the free agent heap.  Josh Bynes is the only run stopper in the lb corps we are concerned with and our lead Blockers will often have him in their sights. 

We know there aren't a bunch of stars in this backfield but anyone can run through gaping holes. Malcolm Brown has shown the ability to do this and recently signed Devonta Freeman is the king of 4 yards at a time.  Oj Howard serves as the h back this game but we also will use two TE and insert Braden Smith at FB.  Without any extra lb, there's no one to sub in against jumbo package. Expect a 70-30 early down split between the two.  Swift gets all the third down work.  

Once we establish the run or when they start cheating up, Brees is gonna get some play action going and we are gonna move the pocket.  If Shaq griffin is the second corner we will attack him a bunch in man coverage as he's mainly been a zone corner throughout his career.  We have no problem going after haywayd either with our talented wide outs.  If we get Bynes in the game and he is assigned a player, we will put that player in motion and go after the run thumper. With their defense starting to key in on the run any bite will lead to chunk plays 

Now this doesn't mean we won't go four wide bringing in fuller and Renfrow with swift in as well.  The corners aren't great here and we feel our route running with fuller taking out deep safety will open up the field.  If there is zone, Drew will pick it apart.  We will use more four wide at the end of quarters and more in the fourth against a tired, thin depth wise and old edge crew to allow even more time. 

We will use motion to see if it is zone or man.  If zone we will run trips on one side and attack that zone with seams flats and out  with flood concepts.  We will also turn up the RPO screen game for heavy zone looks with three wr on one side in trips formation .  Herbert will get two or three plays in the Tayson Hill WC qb role.  If Brees continues to suck at life, Herbert is ready to go. 

Tl/dr: Hurry up run heavy early against pass oriented front seven.  Open it up later in quarters aganst tired front and trust the receiving talent 

Defense 

This week we face a talented group of skill players in Hungary.  Hopefully we can get some unsolicited Dak picks through out strategy below 

Marlon Humphrey is our lock down corner and while it may surprise you, we are sticking him on TY Hilton.  With their other two receivers being more speed threats x we want to eliminate the first down machine.  William Jackson is having an outstanding season and he gets stud receiver DK Metcalf.  Jackson will have help over the top from Tre Boston.  Jamel Dean goes war eagle on war eagle with Darius Slayton.  Nrc will get Isabella if he is in while Larry will get Noah I. 

I imagine Hungary will try to get Jordan Reed involved but Devondre Campbell was one of the main reasons the San Fran TE crew only came in with 50 yards week one.  Milano gets the RB out of the backfield.  Two tight ends Anza line comes on for that assignment while Hicks comes in on short yardage.  Harmon plays in the box and is our under robber as we will play a little more off coverage than normal.. Harmon will also occasionally blitz or pick up the RB for Milano who can blitz 

We also plan on incorporating zone blitzes more often than normal.  Dak has shown issues in recognizing the Blitzer. Occasionally we will run a 2-4 5 with Milano and hicks on the edges.  This allows us to send two or more of the four linebackers while letting the others drop into zones without losing any coverage ability.  We especially plan on overloading the blitz on the right side of the hippo line.  If we make dak roll out left and force him to throw across his body into tight windows, we'll consider that a success.  This is formation Aldo allows us to play a base cover three while making dak figure out which of the four lb are coming 

Up front, we have Tomlinson and Jackson in our base sets but Brockers will rotate in for Jackson heavily on early downs whole tillery rotates in for Tomlinson on passing downs. Jackson and Tillery have been two of the better interior pass rushers this season and we should be able to get pressure up the middle on passing downs while the meat wall on early downs stops interior rushing.  With Harmon in the box early it allows us to have the extra run defender while still allowing him two drops into his zone 

Per usual we will mix in some base cover three and four to keep dak guessing 

Tl/dr. Trust the corners, cover one base with more zone blitz this week.  Interior pressure and overload right side of o line

Hungary Hippos

Offense:
Changes from last week:

Welcome back Mr. Golladay! Our receiving weapons are back together for the first time this season.

Welcome Nate Herbig. Nate comes in with ESPN’s #6 Pass Blocking Win Rate through the first two weeks of the season. He solidifies the o-line interior next to the #1 Pass Blocking Win Rate OT in Bobby Massie. 

We will be utilizing 1RB-3WR-1TE, 1RB-2WR-2TE, 1RB-4WR, and 5-Wide this week. 

Both McKinney and Fowler are questionable this week as they come off injuries from last week, both got a single limited practice in, but neither end will be at 100% coming into the game today which will impact Rome’s pass rushing efficiency and depth this week.

Game Strategy - Balanced RPO - No Huddle

The main focus of an RPO offense is to have an extremely balanced offense that the blocking confuses the defense on whether it will be a run or a pass play, and with the talent we have on offense both in the passing game and running game this is rather easy to achieve. 

By running a No-Huddle offense, we keep Rome’s defense on the field and will gas them as the game goes on.

The key to Dak’s success will be to read the strong safety on every play. Every play will have two alternatives to the original play. For example:

1. If the FS and SS stay back, the RB running a speed sweep on the SS side will be the focal point. 

2. If the SS creeps in, the WR slant on the opposite side will be the main focus. 

3. Since the offensive line will be doing a power block formation, the QB can also keep the ball and run with it. 

If the SS starts cheating up also look for the slot receiver (which will change among the three on the field from play to play) to run a streak route down the field past the SS to beat the defense over the top. The Reed and Robinson will also be heavily utilized in the passing game. 

With having a run and pass play opportunity happening at the same time every play, it allows the offense the flexibility to roll with whatever offensive play fits the scenario the best. With having a mobile QB it also keeps the LBers honest as well as Dak is a threat to run with the ball at any moment.

If Fisher has some struggles still, Reed will chip before he goes out on his route. 

Defense:

Rome’s running game is in shambles. Brown broke his pinky, Lindsay is doubtful to play. Mack is lost for the season. Freeman just signed to a team this week and may not see very many snaps. When Swift and Boston Scott are your two healthy starters you are in for a struggle bus. 

This is why we are going to focus on stopping Drew Brees who has struggled this year himself especially throwing it down to the medium and deep routes. 

In coverage Hayward Jr. will be with Cooper, Griffin will get Smith-Schuster, and Moseley will have Will Fuller. If Rome utilizes four wide, Logan Ryan will come on for Bynes. White will draw Howard in pass coverage while Bynes will focus on stopping the RB in coverage. In 2 TE, Moseley will come off the field for Baker to play FS while Smith comes down the LBer level to take the second TE. 

Smith and Clark will be in the intermediate level of the defense. With Brees’ arm issues throwing deep isn’t as much of an issue as it has been in previous years, though one of the safeties should look for the deep potential out of Fuller wherever he is on the field. 

We plan to keep a healthy rotation going on the defensive line with a rotation of Graham/Griffen/Addison on the edge with rotation at the interior as needed. We will look to take advantage especially of Rome’s interior as Karras will be starting in Linder’s stead this week as Linder is injured, and Osemele is one of the most penalized OGs in the league thus far. Focusing a safety blitz at the interior from time to time will help make Brees pocket an unsafe place to be and force throw before he is ready.

If by chance Rome suddenly changes his QB to Herbert or Trubisky, the deep ball pattern could be more of a threat and safeties will play according to it to watch the deep threats.  

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Rome's running game this week:

Brown - 7 carries for 19 yards (while playing with broken pinky)

Swift - Played 5 total snaps with no touches.

Freeman - "The king of four yard gains" 5 carries for 10 yards.

Good thing you paid zero attention to the running game, started some guy named nick Williams in the middle and are running four safeties against power formations.  Anyone can run through the holes we are gonna have.  

I also enjoy how your rpo will never hand the ball off cause our safety is in the box  playing up so basically it's not with your slant running directly at the robber coverage in man and right into the under zone in cover three.  Seeing how your o line will be in power blocking "every play" dak is gonna get killed.  Your main goal of having the defense worry about the run goes out the window when your plan  says dak won't hand it off if safety is close to the line.  I also will enjoy the five wide rpo when dak fakes the hand off to no one in particular 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Good thing you paid zero attention to the running game, started some guy named nick Williams in the middle and are running four safeties against power formations.  Anyone can run through the holes we are gonna have.  

I also enjoy how your rpo will never hand the ball off cause our safety is in the box  playing up so basically it's not with your slant running directly at the robber coverage in man and right into the under zone in cover three.  Seeing how your o line will be in power blocking "every play" dak is gonna get killed.  Your main goal of having the defense worry about the run goes out the window when your plan  says dak won't hand it off if safety is close to the line.  I also will enjoy the five wide rpo when dak fakes the hand off to no one in particular 

You do realize it says "For example" not that it is the only play I'm running every offensive play of the game right?

Also I combatted the SS cheating up the middle with the slot streak route. 

Side note: I started Nick Williams in over half my games last year and he had 6 sacks... Sorry you don't know people?

2 minutes ago, PR said:

You do realize it says "For example" not that it is the only play I'm running every offensive play of the game right?

Also I combatted the SS cheating up the middle with the slot streak route. 

Side note: I started Nick Williams in over half my games last year and he had 6 sacks... Sorry you don't know people?

I mean it does say every single play has rpo so ya I will enjoy the five wide rpo to no one and third and long rpo that we won't care if you hand it off.  We have dk bracketed so I'm not concerned on your deep routes to Ty Hilton or if you want to put Kenny Golladay in the slot for some reason, feel free to use him incorrectly 

Oh that nick Williams the one who in six seasons had that one really good month and sucked the rest of his career. Jesus he's 30 

9 minutes ago, PR said:

Also New Orleans didn't address your running game at all last week either... And demolished you...so... About that

Lololol they have something called good defensive tackles and play more than one linebacker at a time, you should try it moving forward.  Anyhow, I enjoy you overlooking us cause we got beat up last week! 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean it does say every single play has rpo so ya I will enjoy the five wide rpo to no one and third and long rpo that we won't care if you hand it off.  We have dk bracketed so I'm not concerned on your deep routes to Ty Hilton or if you want to put Kenny Golladay in the slot for some reason, feel free to use him incorrectly 

Dak can also run...you don't just have to have a RB to run with.. having five wide spreads the defense out removes your LBers from the field, sent your FS off to follow DK while leaving just one man to beat on the run in your robber... That's a lot of green.

And why wouldn't Kenny get some slot work from time to time? He already has 3 inches of height on Dean. 

I don't know why you keep considering Humphrey a lock down corner. He has allowed 7 receptions on 13 targets

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Oh that nick Williams the one who in six seasons had that one really good month and sucked the rest of his career. Jesus he's 30 

Lololol they have something called good defensive tackles and play more than one linebacker at a time, you should try it moving forward.  Anyhow, I enjoy you overlooking us cause we got beat up last week! 

He didn't start until last season...

Pretty sure both Bynes and White are starting LBers in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, PR said:

He didn't start until last season...

Pretty sure both Bynes and White are starting LBers in the NFL. 

I'm pretty sure kyzir white and his 215 pound self is a safety the chargers use at their third safety, in the box tho I'll give ya that, and just list him as lb