BDL Week 3 - Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos

rackcs

Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 04:01 AM

45 minutes ago, PR said:

Dak can also run...you don't just have to have a RB to run with.. having five wide spreads the defense out removes your LBers from the field, sent your FS off to follow DK while leaving just one man to beat on the run in your robber... That's a lot of green.

And why wouldn't Kenny get some slot work from time to time? He already has 3 inches of height on Dean. 

I don't know why you keep considering Humphrey a lock down corner. He has allowed 7 receptions on 13 targets

I'm unsure why you think I'd play that against five wide when I could just play zone 

And I'm pretty sure everyone will agree Marlon Humphrey would shut down Ty Hilton. Especially when Hilton is playing outside cause let's put Golladay in the slot lol 

To answer your question, slot wide receivers are generally twitchy guys who run great routes and have great hands 

Golladay is a physical freak who can win jump ball and contested catches. But he also is just an average route runner, has concentration issues and catches his the ball with his body a lot instead of his hands every time.  No doubt he's an above average to great weapon but you're really not using what he does well and letting him him use long enough strides and be big if you're putting it him in the slot so please do. 

Just so you know I'm not just making that stuff up 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-lions/nfl/lions/news/scouting-report-on-lions-kenny-golladay

Edited by bcb1213
Found site that says same thing I see

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm unsure why you think I'd play that against five wide when I could just play zone 

And I'm pretty sure everyone will agree Marlon Humphrey would shut down Ty Hilton. Especially when Hilton is playing outside cause let's put Golladay in the slot lol 

To answer your question, slot wide receivers are generally twitchy guys who run great routes and have great hands 

Golladay is a physical freak who can win jump ball and contested catches. But he also is just an average route runner, has concentration issues and catches his the ball with his body a lot instead of his hands every time.  No doubt he's an above average to great weapon but you're really not using what he does well and letting him him use long enough strides and be big if you're putting it him in the slot so please do. 

Just so you know I'm not just making that stuff up 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-lions/nfl/lions/news/scouting-report-on-lions-kenny-golladay

It’s called a big slot and they provide matchup problems in other ways out of the slot 

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It’s called a big slot and they provide matchup problems in other ways out of the slot 

I think your missing the point he's putting Hilton outside to put Golladay inside.  Big slots are generally tight ends put out wider to get that kind of matchup while not affecting the other talent.  That's not to say neither can do it more so that it's not using what the talent does best.  Like taking zone coverage three corners and putting them in man coverage for an entire game, but that's another story... 

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I think your missing the point he's putting Hilton outside to put Golladay inside.  Big slots are generally tight ends put out wider to get that kind of matchup while not affecting the other talent.  That's not to say neither can do it more so that it's not using what the talent does best.  Like taking zone coverage three corners and putting them in man coverage for an entire game, but that's another story... 

1. Tall receivers have switched inside for mismatches for years... Which Counselor aptly pointed out means big slot.

2. Shaq mostly plays in Cover 3 Match, which is a mix of both zone and man. It starts zone until a receivers enters the zone and then it becomes man coverage. San Fran switches back and forth between Man and Zone so Mosely is fine and Hayward again plays both... all three are elite zone corners but all play man in their respective defenses as well.

28 minutes ago, PR said:

1. Tall receivers have switched inside for mismatches for years... Which Counselor aptly pointed out means big slot.

2. Shaq mostly plays in Cover 3 Match, which is a mix of both zone and man. It starts zone until a receivers enters the zone and then it becomes man coverage. San Fran switches back and forth between Man and Zone so Mosely is fine and Hayward again plays both... all three are elite zone corners but all play man in their respective defenses as well.

So in review he's not used to playing man all game from the snap like I said.  Thanks for clearing that up 

In regards to Fowler, it's almost like I didn't plan for this by having a 2-4 - 5 nickel look which should be uniquely adapted to stop an rpo btw.  Oh wait I did 

Edited by bcb1213

51 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So in review he's not used to playing man all game from the snap like I said.  Thanks for clearing that up 

In regards to Fowler, it's almost like I didn't plan for this by having a 2-4 - 5 nickel look which should be uniquely adapted to stop an rpo btw.  Oh wait I did 

You said occasionally run it lol Not every play run it.  So if 4-2-5 is in, it's stuck in. If your 2-4-5 is in, it's stuck in.

Time to decide on the pissing match. The Hungary offensive balance does it for me. I don’t think Hungary gets much pressure on Rome however and Rome will get some good play out of their WR especially JuJu and likely Fuller. And it becomes a very close game. However I don’t think Rome has the running game this week to really support Brees and their plan to go heavy play action falls through for this reason. And BCB even acknowledges Brees is sucking at life: 

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

However I don’t think Rome has the running game this week to really support Brees and their plan

I feel the same way. I think it's a good strategy, but I don't think it'll be effective, and with Golladay back Hungary has the advantage here. I don't buy Dak being some weak point of this offense either. I think Hungary wins.

• Like 1