• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Claiming the 5 titles the Lakers won in Minneapolis is kind of a weird move. Like do the Thunder claim the Sonics Championship? Because if so, thats equally weird.

Claiming the "Lakers" as your team name in Los Angeles/outside of Minneapolis is a lot weirder...almost as weird as the Utah "Jazz" outside of New Orleans.   

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Claiming the "Lakers" as your team name in Los Angeles/outside of Minneapolis is a lot weirder...almost as weird as the Utah "Jazz" outside of New Orleans.   

Also true. I just don't think Rings won in a different location really count. Like I don't think the LA Rams should be counting St. Louis Rams Super Bowls (Not even sure they've won any tbh)

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also true. I just don't think Rings won in a different location really count. Like I don't think the LA Rams should be counting St. Louis Rams Super Bowls (Not even sure they've won any tbh)

I agree, but the Indianapolis Colts also claim a 1971 Title when they were in Baltimore. 

28 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Claiming the 5 titles the Lakers won in Minneapolis is kind of a weird move. Like do the Thunder claim the Sonics Championship? Because if so, thats equally weird.

Those aren't remotely similar. The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles. They didn't change their team name. The Lakers are the team name on all 17 championships. They didn't negotiate a contract with the previous city to start new like the Thunder did. Is this the first year of the Raiders existence because they moved cities?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Those aren't remotely similar. The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles. They didn't change their team name. The Lakers are the team name on all 17 championships. They didn't negotiate a contract with the previous city to start new like the Thunder did. Is this the first year of the Raiders existence because they moved cities?

Yeah it'd be like the Raiders not claiming our 3 Super Bowls because we've moved twice. 

• Like 1