• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

You dont think it's easier for the supposed road team to not have to go on the road?? You dont think it's easier for them not having to deal with the crowd noise and distractions? 

No, I agreed with that, just disagreed in that the Lakers would have had it easier. The bubble was an even playing field, imo. 

The only thing I think the Lakers were fortunate about and takes away from the title (for me) and maybe wouldn't have ultimately mattered is that Dragic and Bam got hurt so early in the series.

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

You dont think it's easier for the supposed road team to not have to go on the road?? You dont think it's easier for them not having to deal with the crowd noise and distractions? 

Dating back to 2000 the Lakers are 77-19 in playoff games at Staples Center. 

21 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Yes, I understand that playing on the road is harder. My point was that the Lakers also would have had to play on the road. 

True but they would of had the advantage in playing more games at home than away. An advantage that got taken away from both top seeds. The advantages and disadvantages gained and lost make it a wash. An even playing field. What more can the lower seeds ask for??

53 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Yes, I understand that playing on the road is harder. My point was that the Lakers also would have had to play on the road. 

But they also would've had home court advantage through out and went 23-8 at Staples this year with a +9.3 point differential. And they have an 80% win percentage in playoff games at Staples over the last 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But they also would've had home court advantage through out and went 23-8 at Staples this year with a +9.3 point differential. And they have an 80% win percentage in playoff games at Staples over the last 20 years. 

eh, it was like a different season in the bubble. they also would have to go play in denver which no one wants to do. and past years don't mean anything, celtics had never lost a series up 3-2 until they did 

I'm really just saying I think the bubble was even playing ground. Yeah, I agree, I'm sure no one wants to play a game 7 at Staples, home court is a huge deal. But it's also possible the Clippers don't lose then as well. I just don't think it's fair to look at the finals alone and make that point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm really just saying I think the bubble was even playing ground. Yeah, I agree, I'm sure no one wants to play a game 7 at Staples, home court is a huge deal. But it's also possible the Clippers don't lose then as well. I just don't think it's fair to look at the finals alone and make that point

I'm surely not looking at the finals alone. Im looking at the bubble as a whole. The Lakers locked up the 1st seed in the bubble and then played like crap to finish out the bubble regular season. Everything that happened with the social injustice movement and all. Everyone seems to forget, the Lakers had voted to END the playoffs. Everyone else wanted to play. Why?? People looked at the Lakers who were playing poorly, had their best perimeter guard in Bradley vetoing out of the bubble. They were struggling against guard play. Teams thought they had em on the ropes. Portland wins game one. People were calling for the sweep by PORTLAND!! Lakers made adjustments and the rest felt like deja vu all throughout the Western conference playoffs. Everyone was ok with the bubble playoffs until they realized the Lakers would win. Imagine that. 

Its not the Lakers fault they gave the entire bubble teams an out and nobody took it. It's not the Lakers fault that Bradley opting out made it harder for the Lakers. It's not the Lakers fault the Clippers, Bucks, Rockets and Celtics couldnt overcome an EVEN playing field. It's not the Lakers fault Dragic injured himself. It's not the Lakers fault that Bam wanted to out physical Dwight Howard and re-injure and old injury. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

🤣🤣🤣 

A lot of posters or here too can eat their crow. Some said the Lakers wouldn’t even make the playoffs or would be an 8th seed at best and the Clippers were easily the better team.... 🤣🤣🤣

Literally no one said the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs lol stop it

The bubble was definitely different. Was it easier or harder? Who's to say. But it was essentially a new season + the environment was completely different. No chance the nugs come back from 3-1 twice in a normal environment with road games and travel lol 

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Literally no one said the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs lol stop it

These drive me crazy because people DO say dumb stuff like that, but it's freaking twitter lol. And they'll pull clips of max kellerman or whatever ... who talk sports for hours a day all year .... it's entertainment lol. People say dumb stuff on twitter. The Lakers weren't Warriors level favorites and that was the correct way to approach it. Lakers fans bruh