Allen Robinson prefers to stay in Jacksonville

.Buzz

This is exactly what I needed! Yes some decent news. God to hear that someone actually wants to stay with this team and hopefully build here and become a better team. Talent wants to be here guys, might we be turning a... hmm. Let me calm down. 

This leads me to a bigger question that I've been noticing this year. How big of an impact does 1 single good WR have on a team? Does it lead to wins? Think of the best WRs in the game today and then let me know how much of an impact theh have on getting the W. 

5 minutes ago, Jags said:

This leads me to a bigger question that I've been noticing this year. How big of an impact does 1 single good WR have on a team? Does it lead to wins? Think of the best WRs in the game today and then let me know how much of an impact theh have on getting the W. 

Having 1 great wr makes otbso other receivers wont be over matched.  The benefit of not having 1 true elite wr is the qb tends to distribute the ball more(look at lions).  

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Having 1 great wr makes otbso other receivers wont be over matched.  The benefit of not having 1 true elite wr is the qb tends to distribute the ball more(look at lions).  

Did the Lions end up being more successful (Wins) since the departure of literally a top 10 WR of all time in his prime?  

I think number 1 WRs tend to gain a complex of get me the ball, which can deter to the winning of a game. Look at Brown's tantrum onthe sideline for the Steelers. I don't think number 1 WRs have that big of an impact when it comes to wins. 

I hope he’s genuine and it gets done. But I wouldn’t read anything into his comment. Not like he could say anything else.

Nobody says publicly that they don’t prefer to stay where they are. It’s just bad business and a way to drive down his contract value. It makes teams take pause and wonder if a player truly commits to their team. And it takes a bidder out that would otherwise help to push the bids on him higher, potentially decreasing what he can make. Plus saying his preference is Jacksonville would give leverage to squeeze extra from another team.

Terrance Knighton said he preferred to stay with the Jags and then took a deal worth half of what the Jags were offering to go to Denver.

Hope it’s genuine though.

21 minutes ago, Jags said:

Did the Lions end up being more successful (Wins) since the departure of literally a top 10 WR of all time in his prime?  

I think number 1 WRs tend to gain a complex of get me the ball, which can deter to the winning of a game. Look at Brown's tantrum onthe sideline for the Steelers. I don't think number 1 WRs have that big of an impact when it comes to wins. 

2007: 7-9

2008: 0-16

2009: 2-14(stafford went 2-8)

2010: 6-10(Stafford only played 3 games with Hill and Stanton starting the other 13)

2011: 10-6

2012: 4-12

2013: 7-9

2014: 11-5

2015: 7-9

After Calvin

2016 9-7. 2017 3-1

to me they look better now but theres a few x-factors like QB and injuries. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

2007: 7-9

2008: 0-16

2009: 2-14(stafford went 2-8)

2010: 6-10(Stafford only played 3 games with Hill and Stanton starting the other 13)

2011: 10-6

2012: 4-12

2013: 7-9

2014: 11-5

2015: 7-9

After Calvin

2016 9-7. 2017 3-1

to me they look better now but theres a few x-factors like QB and injuries. 

Exactly my guy. That money freed up and no longer having an alpha dog demanding targets has slowed Stafford to grow and also showed them to sign more players. I think WR is grossly overvalued because of how sexy the position is.  

1 minute ago, Jags said:

Exactly my guy. That money freed up and no longer having an alpha dog demanding targets has slowed Stafford to grow and also showed them to sign more players. I think WR is grossly overvalued because of how sexy the position is.  

but to counter that they do have 2 proven good WRs in Golden Tate and Marvin Jones and a highly drafted rookie this year(3rd round Golliday or something like that) plus they still have Ebron(i would consider him as a Oversized wr) and Theo Riddick(hes a Hyrbrid WR/RB).  it shows you can survive without an elite wr but in order to  do so u need Multiple good Wrs. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

but to counter that they do have 2 proven good WRs in Golden Tate and Marvin Jones and a highly drafted rookie this year(3rd round Golliday or something like that) plus they still have Ebron(i would consider him as a Oversized wr) and Theo Riddick(hes a Hyrbrid WR/RB).  it shows you can survive without an elite wr but in order to  do so u need Multiple good Wrs. 

With that said, they've had close to 0 running game since Bush left. No 1000 rusher since Reggie bush was there if I recall. So no one to lean on and hand off to for 4 yards. It's all Stafford spreading that ball out. Freeing up Calvin has allowed this man. 

Sidenote: It seems Ameer Abdullah is finally coming into his own. 

2 hours ago, Jags said:

With that said, they've had close to 0 running game since Bush left. No 1000 rusher since Reggie bush was there if I recall. So no one to lean on and hand off to for 4 yards. It's all Stafford spreading that ball out. Freeing up Calvin has allowed this man. 

Sidenote: It seems Ameer Abdullah is finally coming into his own. 

Yeah.  You can scrape by without a "True #1 Receiver" when you have a "True Franchise Quarterback" who can spread the ball around and make things happen.

11 hours ago, iPwn said:

I hope he’s genuine and it gets done. But I wouldn’t read anything into his comment. Not like he could say anything else.

Nobody says publicly that they don’t prefer to stay where they are. It’s just bad business and a way to drive down his contract value. It makes teams take pause and wonder if a player truly commits to their team. And it takes a bidder out that would otherwise help to push the bids on him higher, potentially decreasing what he can make. Plus saying his preference is Jacksonville would give leverage to squeeze extra from another team.

Terrance Knighton said he preferred to stay with the Jags and then took a deal worth half of what the Jags were offering to go to Denver.

Hope it’s genuine though.

Sadly this was my first thought too. By saying anything else he can alienate someone that can afford to pay him big bucks

Archived