BDL 2020 Week 4 - Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:01 AM

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Y'all realize that OKC probably has a top 3 worst receiving corps in BDL in THIS week right? Their only offensive threats this, week are Mahomes and Mixon, maybe Robinson.

Robinson had 7 catches for 101 yards and a touchdown this week, and he's had at least 5 catches and 70+ yards in three out of four games on the season. How is that a "maybe"?

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Robinson had 7 catches for 101 yards and a touchdown this week, and he's had at least 5 catches and 70+ yards in three out of four games on the season. How is that a "maybe"?

That's fair he is def an impact player this week for you. Unfortunately and not your fault, but he was the only WR on your roster that had an NFL impact this week.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That's fair he is def an impact player this week for you. Unfortunately and not your fault, but he was the only WR on your roster that had an NFL impact this week.

Good thing I explicitly stated I was rotating them in and out this week, then

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Y'all realize that OKC probably has a top 3 worst receiving corps in BDL in THIS week right? Their only offensive threats this, week are Mahomes and Mixon, maybe Robinson.

I generally don't go by week to week stats for skill guys. If it's consistent bad play a couple weeks in a row I start considering it.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

So yes, you do not know what the flexbone is

Yes I know what a Flexbone is. First of all its a variation of what used to be the Wishbone offense. Only now the RBs are flexed up as WRs where they're more of a pass threat than a run threat. 

Unlike the Wishbone where you had 3 RBs in the backfield, you now have just 1, with two in "WR" positions. Having said that, Murray, White, and Mixon, as good of receivers as they can be in situational football, don't scream high scoring, consistent success in a passing game to me.

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Calvin Ridley put up a blank this week. He is absolute garbage and not an impact guy.

Calvin Ridley has consistently been an impact player this season. Matt Ryan kept throwing him the ball super late and the Packers D did a good job against Ridley.

3/4 of the games Cooks has played in this season he has gotten 23 yards or less. He still doesn't have a TD this season.

Woods has had an impact in two games this season in terms of yardage.  Same can be said about Cobb.

Between the 4 non-Robinson WRs this season they have accounted for just 2 TDs

Cooks, Cobb, Woods, and Tate combined for less yardage than Allen Robinson or..  in fact, DK Metcalf got by themselves.

Edited by wwhickok

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yes I know what a Flexbone is. First of all its a variation of what used to be the Wishbone offense. Only now the RBs are flexed up as WRs where they're more of a pass threat than a run threat. 

Unlike the Wishbone where you had 3 RBs in the backfield, you now have just 1, with two in "WR" positions. Having said that, Murray, White, and Mixon, as good of receivers as they can be in situational football, don't scream high scoring, consistent success in a passing game to me.

The RBs are not flexed up as receivers. If anything, they're flexed up like tight ends, except they're off the line of scrimmage to avoid the press. Example:

1200px-Flexbone_Formation.svg.png

For this game, Mixon is clearly lined up at what they call the FB (clear if for no other reason than I listed two SB positions and one RB). I'll be sure to clarify in the future if that's an issue for people, though.

Pass plays out of this formation are not dissimilar from the concepts used in the Shanahan/LaFleur offenses. For instance, take this pass play where the right slotback is used on a wheel route:

Picture1-2.png?resize=750,560&ssl=1

You'll note the motion by the other slot back pre snap, as well as the play action off the fake handoff to the fullback. The goal is to give the defense three potential ball carriers to worry about on each play, on top of multiple potential pass catchers if the quarterback keeps. The whole point of my gameplan is that no one player is expected to carry the offense and instead rely on scheme to get guys open. I can't tell you the number of times Aaron Jones has gotten open off a wheel route just like this, so I strongly disagree that the offense can't be high scoring while utilizing the backs like this.

Regarding the specific backs, White has 169 catches and 1464 yards over his last 33 games, so I think he can catch the ball just fine. Murray is here for 12 snaps spelling Mixon, and he was explicitly not named as one of the slotbacks. I don't know if you took "swapping out running backs and receivers frequently" to mean they're all lining up at slotback and receiver, but I guess that might have been confusing and it was not my intention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Nope. Like I said. Super short, how you handle zone 

If your attacking those two dudes with the player across from them they ain't going over the middle.  They'll be in the flat on both sides of the field when they are in dime.  So basically you are attacking the flats a lot

Blue didn't say how he would handle man or zone but it is important for me to say how I would handle zone specifically because I mentioned player names that I wanted to take advantage of. What kind of *** backwards **** is that?