BDL 2020 Week 4 - Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:01 AM

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

The RBs are not flexed up as receivers. If anything, they're flexed up like tight ends, except they're off the line of scrimmage to avoid the press. Example:

1200px-Flexbone_Formation.svg.png

For this game, Mixon is clearly lined up at what they call the FB (clear if for no other reason than I listed two SB positions and one RB). I'll be sure to clarify in the future if that's an issue for people, though.

Pass plays out of this formation are not dissimilar from the concepts used in the Shanahan/LaFleur offenses. For instance, take this pass play where the right slotback is used on a wheel route:

Picture1-2.png?resize=750,560&ssl=1

You'll note the motion by the other slot back pre snap, as well as the play action off the fake handoff to the fullback. The goal is to give the defense three potential ball carriers to worry about on each play, on top of multiple potential pass catchers if the quarterback keeps. The whole point of my gameplan is that no one player is expected to carry the offense and instead rely on scheme to get guys open. I can't tell you the number of times Aaron Jones has gotten open off a wheel route just like this, so I strongly disagree that the offense can't be high scoring while utilizing the backs like this.

Regarding the specific backs, White has 169 catches and 1464 yards over his last 33 games, so I think he can catch the ball just fine. Murray is here for 12 snaps spelling Mixon, and he was explicitly not named as one of the slotbacks. I don't know if you took "swapping out running backs and receivers frequently" to mean they're all lining up at slotback and receiver, but I guess that might have been confusing and it was not my intention.

TEs, WRs okay I meant the same thing. I know what it is and I know what coaches use similar tactics. That doesn't mean your WRs are good enough to succeed in it. 

As for James' stats over rhe last 33 games, you'll also have to consider the team he played for and that they've had more WR success for that team than your BDL roster is currently having.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

TEs, WRs okay I meant the same thing. I know what it is and I know what coaches use similar tactics. That doesn't mean your WRs are good enough to succeed in it. 

It's not the same thing at all.

You can knock Cooks for lack of production all you want, but if you really believe that Robert Woods isn't good, I can't help you.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's not the same thing at all.

You can knock Cooks for lack of production all you want, but if you really believe that Robert Woods isn't good, I can't help you.

What I'm saying is I get they're flexed up into "WR" spots. I literally mentioned to the Wishbone, which should've told you I was simply replacing TE with WR. My mistake on word usage but I was literally describing the same concept in my head. 

I never said Woods wasn't good. I said he hasn't been a big impact this year and he hasnt. Through 4 games he has just over 200 yards, most of that coming in weeks 1 and 3, and 1 TD.

Cobb has similar statics, Tate has been relatively horrible and Cooks.... well he looked cooked.

It's just facts bro.

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What I'm saying is I get they're flexed up into "WR" spots. I literally mentioned to the Wishbone, which should've told you I was simply replacing TE with WR. My mistake on word usage but I was literally describing the same concept in my head. 

I never said Woods wasn't good. I said he hasn't been a big impact this year and he hasnt. Through 4 games he has just over 200 yards, most of that coming in weeks 1 and 3, and 1 TD.

Cobb has similar statics, Tate has been relatively horrible and Cooks.... well he looked cooked.

It's just facts bro.

They're not flexed into WR spots. Like, that's just not the case. They're lined up on the outside shoulders of the tackles and off the line to avoid the press.

I didn't say anything about Cobb or Tate or Cooks. I said Woods. And you know he's better than his numbers.

9 minutes ago, PR said:

Blue didn't say how he would handle man or zone but it is important for me to say how I would handle zone specifically because I mentioned player names that I wanted to take advantage of. What kind of *** backwards **** is that?

Are you playing zone literally every down? 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

They're not flexed into WR spots. Like, that's just not the case. They're lined up on the outside shoulders of the tackles and off the line to avoid the press.

I didn't say anything about Cobb or Tate or Cooks. I said Woods. And you know he's better than his numbers.

What I should've said was TE spots but In my mind I was talking about the same thing, used fhe wrong verbiage. Not that big a deal. 

I know Woods has been better than the numbers, I know he is capable of being better than the numbers but I also know he has been consistently mediocre this season.

• Like 1

I like the creativity and effort from Blue this week, thought it was a good game plan.  ON the other side, PR did the textbook go after the terrible secondary, which Dak should certainly be able to tear apart.  High scoring affair, but the overall talent/depth level disparity is too much to overcome for OKC.  Hangry

31 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I like the creativity and effort from Blue this week, thought it was a good game plan.  ON the other side, PR did the textbook go after the terrible secondary, which Dak should certainly be able to tear apart.  High scoring affair, but the overall talent/depth level disparity is too much to overcome for OKC.  Hangry

lolwut