BDL 2020 Week 4 - Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Oklahoma City EF5s

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 4

Match: Hungary Hippos @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Away Owner: @PR

Home Owner: @Blue

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hungary Hippos

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - James Robinson
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - TY Hilton
WR - Darius Slayton
LT - Eric Fisher
LG - Ali Marpet
C - Graham Glasgow
RG - Nate Herbig
RT - Bobby Massie

RB - Darrell Henderson
RB - JaMycal Hasty
WR - Andy Isabella
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
TE - TJ Hockenson
TE - Greg Olsen
TE - Devin Asiasi
OL - Sam Tevi

DE - Brandon Graham
DT - Kawaan Short
DT - Jonathan Allen
DE - Mario Addison
LB - Kyzir White
LB - Jon Bostic
CB - Casey Heyward Jr.
CB - Shaquille Griffen
NCB - Logan Ryan
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Chuck Clark

DE - Everson Griffen
DT - Danny Shelton
DT - Nick Williams
LB - Joshua Bynes
LB - Joe Thomas
CB - Armani Oruwariye
CB - Dre Kirkpatrick
CB - CreVon LeBlanc

Oklahoma City EF5s

QB Patrick Mahomes
RB Joe Mixon
WR1 Allen Robinson
WR2 Brandin Cooks
SB1 Robert Woods
SB2 Dalton Schultz
LT David Bakhtiari
LG James Daniels
C Rodney Hudson
RG Kevin Zeitler
RT Morgan Moses

RB2 James White
RB3 Latavius Murray
WR4 Golden Tate
WR5 Randall Cobb
TE2 Trey Burton
OL6 Brian O’Neill
OL7 Jesse Davis
OL8 John Miller

LE Stephon Tuitt
DT Sheldon Richardson
DT Akiem Hicks
RE Derek Barnett
LB Anthony Hitchens
LB Jarrad Davis
CB Tre’Davious White
CB Darius Slay
Slot Troy Pride
FS Adrian Amos
SS Jordan Poyer

DE3 Rasheem Green
DE4 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
DT3 Shamar Stephen
LB3 Anfernee Jennings
CB4 Michael Davis
S3 Jordan Fuller

Edited by rackcs

Hungary Hippos

Offense:
Pass/Run: 70/30

OKC’s main weakness is their lack of depth at corner. OKC has four healthy corners. Two of which are Michael Davis and Troy Pride Jr. Thus, I’m going to a four wide base offense. Having Golladay, Metcalf, Hilton and Slayton on offense will create mismatches somewhere against OKC’s secondary. Isabella and Fitz will be sprinkled in for five wide sets as OKC will not have enough corners to cover everyone and will be forced to use a safety in coverage which would be difficult given the quality of safeties that OKC has at its disposal. 

We will look to healthy spread of targets to all of our receivers this week, though we will also look at the WRs facing Davis and Pride Jr. on any given play.

Robinson will have two roles primarily 1. Receiver 2. Blocker. Robinson will from time to time flex out to bring either a safety or Linebacker out of position. He will also be used on a variety of flat routes and wide routes as we feel he will only have one man to beat and he would be off to the races otherwise. If OKC consistently brings heavy blitzes, Robinson can also become a blocker which will allow our receivers time to get open or Dak to roll out into the open where his legs will then become a threat. 

We will also be using the pass game to open up the running game. With a four wide look, it keeps the LB and safeties from cheating up to stop the run otherwise they lose contain over the top. Using Robinson and Henderson, we will have a one-two punch that will take advantage of the light box in the four wide. 

Near the red zone we will sprinkle in some 1 and 2 TE looksto find the big bodies in the endzone. 

Defense: 

Mahomes is one of the elite QBs in this league. To stop him you have to realize what his tendencies are and take advantage of them which is a tall task for any defense. 

1. Mahomes footwork typically takes him 9-10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. It effects the blocking his o-line produces as it changes the angle in which the defense runs. It also makes Mahomes susceptible to longer sacks if he does get hit. 

2. Mahomes likes his quick hits just as much as his longball if he isn’t touched in the pocket. Tight man-coverage is his main struggle area. 

Plan: 

Coverage - 70/30 - Man/Zone. 

We will be deploying bump and run press coverage this week against OKC to stop the quick hits that Mahomes enjoys. Heyward and Griffin will have the outside receivers while Ryan will play the slot-man this week. White will have TE coverage and Bostic will have Mixon. We will be playing single high with Clark moving up in the box and Smith playing back. We will be utilizing a variety of blitzes this week as we want to get additional pressure on Mahomes. Mahomes does not do well when pressure is in his face. One blitz in particular that we will be using is the Zero-Blitz as it has been statistically proven to provide the most pressure while also having the same Boom% as a non-blitzing play. By getting in the face of the QB we look to get Mahomes off kilter and throwing picks this week as he did with the Nevin Lawson interception a couple weeks back. We will keep a healthy rotation going at Edge utilizing Graham, Addison and Griffen. In the interior look for Williams to come in for Allen/Short from time to time with Shelton coming in on running downs.

In obvious running downs we will bring in Thomas for White to provide an additional thumper inside with Bostic. In 2 TE sets, White will stay on, but Thomas will come in as the third LB. In those running downs Bostic will spy the QB.

Oklahoma City EF5s

Offense (35/65 run/pass)

-          Y’all better be ready to get crazy, because we’re breaking out a pass-first flexbone offense. There will be heavy amounts of play action and pre-snap motion in the passing game, with James White getting significant snaps at slotback to get another potential receiver and ball carrier on the field. We will also be utilizing the screen game to Mixon early to minimize the Hungary pass rush.

-          Latavius Murray spells Mixon on early downs for maybe a dozen snaps. Most of our run plays today will be draws or hand-offs off pre-snap motion. Woods, Cooks, Tate, and Cobb will all get a carry or two at some point, whether from the slotback position or jet sweeps from the X/Z positions. We’re also gonna have Cobb throw a pass to Mahomes at some point just for the lulz.

-          We’re rotating receivers and running backs in and out regularly, both to keep everyone fresh and to further confuse a defense that doesn’t know what’s coming. We want to make the defense frustrated and angry by the end of the first quarter.

Defense

-          Using a similar rotation up front as last week, with Tuitt playing mostly end today for as much as we need him to. Shamar Stephen subs in at tackle, Okoronkwo at end, and Green wherever he’s needed.

-          We’re going to a Cover-3 defense today for three reasons. One, we want to blitz more with the linebackers and corners, taking advantage of a relatively weak offensive line to get after Dak Prescott. Secondly, it allows us to better handle the Galladay/Metcalf duo by disguising the coverage pre-snap and forcing Prescott to make quicker decisions. Lastly, it keeps our best talent on the field regardless of the personnel Hungary trots out, not that they have much talent at receiver after their top two.

-          When not blitzing, we’re leaving Jarrad Davis to spy Prescott. We know Hungary wants to use his legs to make plays, so our most athletic backer will try to keep him contained. The zone defense should also keep him in check with more bodies around with eyes in front of them instead of backs turned to the QB.

At the end of the day for me this game down to one unit vs. Another. I do think that OKCs defense can have some success against Hungarys OL.

There's also one part of a gameplan I didn't understand...

In this game Hungary has 4 Productive WRs and two more in certain situations that have been able to at least contribute. While Zone may have you looking at the QB, it'll also have you losing track of the WRs, specially Golladay/Metcalf who offer speed and deep threat ability. Slayton is also a deep threat and big contributor. Isabella & Hilton have contributed this year respectably (the former more than the latter) and there doesn't seem to be any accounting for Robinson as a receiver. 

Even if Dakota is releasing the ball quickly, given that Hungary specifically gameplanned for the blitzing with Robinson, I don't think OKC is going to be successful through a 60 min game with their plan. I dont think their own WRs who have not been greatly productive on a consistent basis this season can match the productive of Hungary in this game. 

38-13 Hungary

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

My top RB has two primary roles....neither of those are running the ball. Seems like a weird approach.

I'm gonna come back to this one, but I like the creativity of the OKC game plan right now.

I paused on this as well but just assumed they would still run the ball with him as they gave a pass/run percentage. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

My top RB has two primary roles....neither of those are running the ball. Seems like a weird approach.

I'm gonna come back to this one, but I like the creativity of the OKC game plan right now.

First part of the game plan has a run pass percentage. I also added a line later on about Robinson a md Henderson being used to take advantage of a light box. Considering it is a 70/30 percentage, those are his primary roles in this game.

Edited by PR
  • Like 1