Sam Darnold

turtle28

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I am interested in a QB with this criteria. Did Haskins have this? No. He was overdrafted and we reached for him. 

1. Be a three-year starter

2. Be a senior in college

3. Graduate from college

4. Start 30 games

5. Win 23 games

6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio

7. Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

I would have signed Cam to a 1 year deal and waited than to draft Haskins. There was hope that he turned a corner this season, but he seems to be more of a sit and wait case than someone who picked it up and was ready day 1. 

That criteria is nearly impossible to find in today’a college football or really anywhere historically in college football unless you go back 20, 30 years.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m a big believer in Haskins but I don’t think Haskins was or is even today as accurate as Fields and Fields is a better athlete with better pocket presence to extend plays & run some zone read with. Haskins can throw a better ball than Fields, but Fields has better feet, better mechanics and better form that make him more accurate.

Your completely right. But Haskins that year just hasn’t looked that way since it sucks but it looked and I think he still can be that guy too. Idk if I believe it’s here though sadly but we will see he still has time

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Your completely right. But Haskins that year just hasn’t looked that way since it sucks but it looked and I think he still can be that guy too. Idk if I believe it’s here though sadly but we will see he still has time

Scouts dropped Haskins from a possible top 10 pick to late first or 2nd round pick bc of the same reasons he just got benched. Bad feet, poor base at times which leads to inaccuracy and bad practice habits.

He needs to fix those things before he csn be a good starter, I think he can do it but he has to really work hard on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Scouts dropped Haskins from a possible top 10 pick to late first or 2nd round pick bc of the same reasons he just got benched. Bad feet, poor base at times which leads to inaccuracy and bad practice habits.

He needs to fix those things before he csn be a good starter, I think he can do it but he has to really work hard on it.

And I agree with you completely. I think we tend to differ on the players coming out at this position but I do think we see the same goods and bad in the guys I think you have a good eye for where Haskins is honestly. I think we both just understand if he flashes this year if possible it’s the best case for us using assets where they could really refine the roster. But we’re both honest he needs to really put in the work and grow up fast.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 12:22 PM, turtle28 said:
On 10/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, mike23md said:

I am interested in a QB with this criteria. Did Haskins have this? No. He was overdrafted and we reached for him. 

1. Be a three-year starter

2. Be a senior in college

3. Graduate from college

4. Start 30 games

5. Win 23 games

6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio

7. Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

I would have signed Cam to a 1 year deal and waited than to draft Haskins. There was hope that he turned a corner this season, but he seems to be more of a sit and wait case than someone who picked it up and was ready day 1. 

That criteria is nearly impossible to find in today’a college football or really anywhere historically in college football unless you go back 20, 30 years.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:23 PM, turtle28 said:

I mean sure is, it did get Parcells Quincy Carter...

1. Was Quincy Carter a three year starter? Sort of. He won the starting gig his freshman year, but had a shoulder contusion followed by tearing the ulnar collateral ligament in his thumb shortly there after. So, he was scheduled to be a three year started, but he wasn't due to injury. To make a final binary decision, I'm going to say Yes since the injuries weren't his fault.
  2. Was Quincy Carter a senior in college? No. He declared after his junior year.
  3. Did Quincy Carter graduate from college? No. Again, he declared after his junior year.
  4. Did Quincy Carter start 30 games? Yes. He went 23-8 in his tenure at Georgia.
  5. Did Quincy Carter win 23 games? Yes. He went 23-8 in his tenure at Georgia.
  6. Did Quincy Carter post a 2:1 TD:INT ratio? No. He threw for 35 touchdowns against 25 interceptions.
  7. Did Quincy Carter complete at least 60% of his passes? No. He ended up with 483 completions against 853 attempts, or 56.6% completion rate.

3 of 7 statements were affirmed.

So, Bill Parcells the QB projector was correct in saying that Bill Parcells the coach/GM should have passed on Quincy Carter.

Jets are going to trade Sam at some point, probably during the draft next year or just after, they’ll at worst get what the Cards got for Rosen - a 2nd & 5th - but probably more like a 2nd and 4th that could turn into a 3rd if he meets some conditions.