Broncos @ Patriots Postponed to Next Week; Broncos @ Dolphins moved to Week 11

bigbadbuff

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The first week of a bye week, players rest. They spend time with their families, go on vacation, relax. The Broncos spent all week preparing for the Patriots which obviously isn't rest and is physically demanding (our best player got injured for the season in this exact environment).

You can't do that in the 2nd week of a bye week because you (obviously) have a game on Sunday. So now, the Broncos are without a genuine bye week. Sure they didn't play a game, but that is only a part of the benefit of a bye week.

I don't even know what the solution is. But to act like this isn't ridiculously unfair on the Broncos is just silly.

I said this before it was postponed, so...

It is a bit unfair on the Broncos, but at least they can play NE with Lock now.

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The first week of a bye week, players rest. They spend time with their families, go on vacation, relax. The Broncos spent all week preparing for the Patriots which obviously isn't rest and is physically demanding (our best player got injured for the season in this exact environment).

You can't do that in the 2nd week of a bye week because you (obviously) have a game on Sunday. So now, the Broncos are without a genuine bye week. Sure they didn't play a game, but that is only a part of the benefit of a bye week.

I don't even know what the solution is. But to act like this isn't ridiculously unfair on the Broncos is just silly.

I mean the whole rescheduling thing is unfair to the team that didn't have positive tests in every situation so far. 

The Titans situation was absolutely ridiculous. There's no way the protocols were followed and we already know that to be at least partially true. 

The outcome of.this season, the winner of the SB, is probably going to be rhe most disciplined team that gets screwed over the least when it comes to these protocols 

If the Titans have to postpone another game due to more.positive tests they should just have to forfeit all of the games already being rescheduled. This situation is on them.

When it comes to the Patriots, I mean their positive tests weren't as massive as the Titans, it is a bit unfair to Denver but I feel like NE might be less responsible for this situation as a whole.

Idk what the ideal solution is.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I said this before it was postponed, so...

It is a bit unfair on the Broncos, but at least they can play NE with Lock now.

Ah, I didn't realise that.

But even the game being put back would have been unfair on the Broncos. I posted early in the thread that if the Broncos would've played Monday night, that would've meant 3 of the Broncos first 6 games would be on a short week. That's ridiculous (especially seeing as the opening game can't be a short week, so it would have meant the Broncos would've had 3 short game weeks from a possible 5).

47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean the whole rescheduling thing is unfair to the team that didn't have positive tests in every situation so far. 

The Titans situation was absolutely ridiculous. There's no way the protocols were followed and we already know that to be at least partially true. 

The outcome of.this season, the winner of the SB, is probably going to be rhe most disciplined team that gets screwed over the least when it comes to these protocols 

If the Titans have to postpone another game due to more.positive tests they should just have to forfeit all of the games already being rescheduled. This situation is on them.

When it comes to the Patriots, I mean their positive tests weren't as massive as the Titans, it is a bit unfair to Denver but I feel like NE might be less responsible for this situation as a whole.

Idk what the ideal solution is.

Owners do not make money on forfeits.  Not happening