Broncos @ Patriots Postponed to Next Week; Broncos @ Dolphins moved to Week 11

bigbadbuff

Great - Broncos will now have their 3rd short week of the season in only their 6th game next weekend against the Dolphins. Given that the 1st game of the season can't be a short week, that means the Broncos have had a short week on 3 of the 5 game weeks they could have had a short week. Really fair that, especially for arguably the most banged up team in the entire league ...

Edited by lomaxgrUK

10 hours ago, lancerman said:

Just going to leave this here 

Honest, but maybe stupid question. Is there even any larger space they could have, though? Like, I don't see why there'd be a ton of unused other or larger locker rooms in Arrowhead. I would assume the only larger locker room in the stadium would be the home locker room, but swapping doesn't really accomplish anything, since the Chiefs had a positive test the prior week also. I'm not sure this is the NFL saying, no, screw you, as much as it's the space being asked for just not existing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Honest, but maybe stupid question. Is there even any larger space they could have, though? Like, I don't see why there'd be a ton of unused other or larger locker rooms in Arrowhead. I would assume the only larger locker room in the stadium would be the home locker room, but swapping doesn't really accomplish anything, since the Chiefs had a positive test the prior week also. I'm not sure this is the NFL saying, no, screw you, as much as it's the space being asked for just not existing.

There absolutely should be. These are empty stadiums being used to house tens of thousands of people on game day. Just taking a look at the Arrowhead website, there are plenty of options space wise including event spaces at field level. 

• Like 1

What did that Broncos player say? Something about being punished for doing nothing wrong for the game being moved back?

Just feel like that comment alone is why they shouldn't be playing yet. Players feel punished by the NFL's resolutions and beyond totally isolating, you're playing a full gd contact sport. Ugh I AM JUST FRUSTRATED BY THE NFL

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:11 PM, Troy Brown said:

What did that Broncos player say? Something about being punished for doing nothing wrong for the game being moved back?

Just feel like that comment alone is why they shouldn't be playing yet. Players feel punished by the NFL's resolutions and beyond totally isolating, you're playing a full gd contact sport. Ugh I AM JUST FRUSTRATED BY THE NFL

Also, why is it a punishment? They get a longer rest, more a chance to get Lock back etc. It's not like they're being asked to forfeit a game