Broncos @ Patriots Postponed to Next Week; Broncos @ Dolphins moved to Week 11

bigbadbuff

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They should cut some games from every teams schedule if they plan on postponing games after every positive test

They should have done a 12 or 14 game season with multiple bye weeks from the jump. I know why they didn’t but it would have been the smart thing to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

They should have done a 12 or 14 game season with multiple bye weeks from the jump. I know why they didn’t but it would have been the smart thing to do.

Agreed. You'd think the ratings would go up some on the other games if there was less being played each week

4 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

Not as far as we know. It was just a coincidence that the Chiefs practice squad QB and Cam got it at the same time. We're now past the incubation period from that game. 

I fully expected some Viking lineman to get it from the Titans.  Maybe the games themselves aren't that high of a risk

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This quote doesn't make sense to me to be honest. Is this player saying that they only had extra positives and schedule movement because they played Monday? Yikes.

I think a lot of them feel like they did as much as they could and the NFL basically put them in a situation where they were guaranteed to have more infections. Reports were that Belichick basically said if him and the team didn’t feel comfortable playing this week, they wouldn’t play regardless of league decisions this time 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So uh... we have a bye next week then? When are they planning to move Broncos/Dolphins lmao...

by postponing the Broncos game this week, that means Broncos have a bye* this week.... this will require a huge amount of reshuffling.

* - Still planned and practiced as if the game were being played and won't get the CBA required 4 days because they will play next week.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Also, why is it a punishment? They get a longer rest, more a chance to get Lock back etc. It's not like they're being asked to forfeit a game

The first week of a bye week, players rest. They spend time with their families, go on vacation, relax. The Broncos spent all week preparing for the Patriots which obviously isn't rest and is physically demanding (our best player got injured for the season in this exact environment).

You can't do that in the 2nd week of a bye week because you (obviously) have a game on Sunday. So now, the Broncos are without a genuine bye week. Sure they didn't play a game, but that is only a part of the benefit of a bye week.

I don't even know what the solution is. But to act like this isn't ridiculously unfair on the Broncos is just silly.