Broncos @ Patriots Postponed to Next Week; Broncos @ Dolphins moved to Week 11

bigbadbuff

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So the Broncos had to practice all week only to be told “oh yeah, you guys are on your bye week this week. The game is actually next week”. Sucks for them.

NFL needs to get it together. Bye weeks are going to running out shortly for a number of teams.

People need to just accept this isn’t going to be a hair season at this point. We can either cancel it or everyone has to live with messes like this. I sincerely doubt that this is the only Covid related issue we have. The whole world is entering into a second wave right now 

30 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

If the NFL insisted on playing the season, they should’ve extended the season rather than trying to cram all these games into the normal NFL window. If the NFL ended in end of February or even into March it’s not by any means the worst thing in the world.

Considering the NBA is still playing at a time when their next season should be starting, I would say yes, NBD for the NFL to last longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

You either shut the season down or keep going. There are gonna be positive tests regardless. Shutting it down a week or two, isn’t gonna make a difference. 

I kind of agree.  I said before the season I thought it had to be one of two things.  Either they push forward with the season, sitting only those who test positive (but not delaying games over it), or they don't have a season at all.  It never made sense to start a season if you were gonna be rescheduling games over (for example) one coach testing positive.  Not to sound cruel, as obviously I don't want guys risking their health if they don't want to, but NFL teams are too big to reasonably expect not one person to get it.  And the NFL has said as much.  

At this point though I think they do need a 2 week hiatus.  Not because of the positives, but because I don't think the NFL has a plan if this hits more teams.  They should figure out now if they can add some weeks to the end of the season for worst-case scenarios.