R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

hey guys, i'm not a part of this, but here's something one of my leagues does and it makes keepers way more interesting.   We keep six guys, but we have a much bigger roster so you can use whatever you have set up

you draft player in round 20

next year he stays in round 20

following year he is 10

then 5

then 2

then one

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

hey guys, i'm not a part of this, but here's something one of my leagues does and it makes keepers way more interesting.   We keep six guys, but we have a much bigger roster so you can use whatever you have set up

you draft player in round 20

next year he stays in round 20

following year he is 10

then 5

then 2

then one

Thank you for input! Always appreciated

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

So what's the ruling were gonna have on Bo Bichette ? Doubt he see majors but shouldn't he be ruled out til next draft ?

They get put into ESPN's waiver system when they get put in the system mid-season. If they get put in the system, they're fair game. That's why some people have kept top waiver claims in the past no matter what veteran got dropped. There's no rhyme or reason to how ESPN does things with prospects so it's like anything else. If they get put into the system, first come first serve.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

They get put into ESPN's waiver system when they get put in the system mid-season. If they get put in the system, they're fair game. That's why some people have kept top waiver claims in the past no matter what veteran got dropped. There's no rhyme or reason to how ESPN does things with prospects so it's like anything else. If they get put into the system, first come first serve.

So who gets waiver priority ? I'm not 100% how that works but it may be important to know 

3 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So who gets waiver priority ? I'm not 100% how that works but it may be important to know 

Goes in reverse order of the draft and then, once someone uses their waiver claim, they fall to 12th. 

Example. I picked 10th so I had the 3rd waiver claim. I used my claim on David Dahl so I fell to 12th. Two other people used their claim after I did so now I'm back up to 10th. Keeps cycling throughout the year.

Right now msr has the #1 waiver priority because he picked last in the draft. You picked 2nd in the draft but you're up to 6th in the waiver order due to others ahead of you using their claims.

14 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Goes in reverse order of the draft and then, once someone uses their waiver claim, they fall to 12th. 

Example. I picked 10th so I had the 3rd waiver claim. I used my claim on David Dahl so I fell to 12th. Two other people used their claim after I did so now I'm back up to 10th. Keeps cycling throughout the year.

Right now msr has the #1 waiver priority because he picked last in the draft. You picked 2nd in the draft but you're up to 6th in the waiver order due to others ahead of you using their claims.

OK that makes sense

Actually. I believe ESPN's Rule is if they aren't on the site after the February maintenance, then they only put them in when they get added to the MLB 40 man roster. So I doubt any of the prospects that aren't on ESPN will be added till the draft. Unless of course they get called up during the year of course then ESPN will add them and they will be put on waivers.  

15 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Actually. I believe ESPN's Rule is if they aren't on the site after the February maintenance, then they only put them in when they get added to the MLB 40 man roster. So I doubt any of the prospects that aren't on ESPN will be added till the draft. Unless of course they get called up during the year of course then ESPN will add them and they will be put on waivers.  

Yeah, I know. I meant there was no rhyme or reason as to who they added to the pool. Like Acuna isn't on Atlanta's 40 man roster so why is he in the system but Bo Bichette isn't? Bichette was in the 2016 draft. So was Nick Senzel. He's not on Cincinnati's 40 man roster but he's in the prospect pool. It's also not because he was selected in the 2nd round (in regards to Bichette). Lucas Erceg was a 2nd round pick that very same year and he's in the system. Peter Alonso was picked two picks before Bichette, is a considered a lesser prospect, and he's still in the system.

That's what I meant by "no rhyme or reason." :)

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I know. I meant there was no rhyme or reason as to who they added to the pool. Like Acuna isn't on Atlanta's 40 man roster so why is he in the system but Bo Bichette isn't? Bichette was in the 2016 draft. So was Nick Senzel. He's not on Cincinnati's 40 man roster but he's in the prospect pool. It's also not because he was selected in the 2nd round (in regards to Bichette). Lucas Erceg was a 2nd round pick that very same year and he's in the system. Peter Alonso was picked two picks before Bichette, is a considered a lesser prospect, and he's still in the system.

That's what I meant by "no rhyme or reason." :)

They've said it on the podcast they try and add as many prospects as they can but sometimes they don't get them all and the ones they don't get added when they make the 40 man roster.

Archived