R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm alive, just not on here a ton.  I would like some saves and power.  I'm not needing top end closers, but also that means I am not trading top end talent to get saves.  Sidenote, this is directed at everyone, not just HH.

Got ya. Lol made an offer.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Small trade with @packerbacker87

Sending

1B/OF Joey Gallo

SS Fernando Tatis Jr

2nd round pick

For

C/1B Buster Posey

My average has been in a 2 week free fall. Hoping Posey stays healthy and continues his .300 AVG 

Just an FYI but that leaves you without a pick trade for the remainder of the year which also means you cannot acquire draft picks in a deal.

8 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm alive, just not on here a ton.  I would like some saves and power.  I'm not needing top end closers, but also that means I am not trading top end talent to get saves.  Sidenote, this is directed at everyone, not just HH.

Hope I'm not too late to the dance here. Have an idea

New Swap

dingo18287 gets:
OF Austin Meadows

bDoDDleS gets:
SS Tim Anderson

bD's Take: Wanted to move an OF for an INF and do it here. Fan of Meadows but Anderson is on a 30-30 pace and has improved his plate discipline and contact % this year and if that continues to improve with his power and speed. I'll be more than happy keeping him into 2019.  Over his last 120 major league games, Anderson has went .261-19-22. The RBI-Runs aren't there but with hopeful improvements from Moncada and adding Eloy to Abreu, those totals should increase. 

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

My reasoning for this...

12 teams, 30 closers

Just doesn't make sense tbh

I'm open to it, it would give more value to more players that don't currently have value. Would lessen the value of fringe closers and make stud closers-setup guys more of a premium. I'm open to it, and selfishly with all my early picks, it would allow me more options to draft. Also if this move happens it needs to happen soon so that keeper lists can be adjusted. 

Also with the bullpen committee becoming more and more prevalent, this helps us keep evolving. 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm on board. It's working in Veterans League. Puts premium on guys like Ottavino, Edwards Jr, etc

I was actually using that league as a reason I wouldn't want to move to SVs/HLDs. HLDs is such a crap shoot with very little industry help in rankings. My vote would be no.

Alright, Vince Velasquez puts up this line to set my pitching back half a month lol

Velasquez : 3.2 IP 9 Hits 10 ER 2 BB 4 K 24.55 ERA 3.00 WHIP

Gabe Kapler is a **** POS, who has no business managing a team and if I'm Manny Machado, Bryce Harper or Josh Donaldson I don't even entertain Philly this off season if Kapler is Managing that team. 

1 hour ago, crab1106 said:

I was actually using that league as a reason I wouldn't want to move to SVs/HLDs. HLDs is such a crap shoot with very little industry help in rankings. My vote would be no.

So many teams closing by committee tho. I'll wait to see my keeper situation and vote accordingly but I kinda like it 

1 hour ago, crab1106 said:

Just doesn't make sense to do only saves in a 12 man league anymore IMO. H2H maybe but ROTO, that guarantees some teams are at a disadvantage from the get go. Think we need to adjust. 

10 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Just doesn't make sense to do only saves in a 12 man league anymore IMO. H2H maybe but ROTO, that guarantees some teams are at a disadvantage from the get go. Think we need to adjust. 

I agree with your point just wish holds were more predictable. Last season I was actually the biggest advocate for holds in Vet league, just learned a lot about the downside to the stat. 

13 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

I agree with your point just wish holds were more predictable. Last season I was actually the biggest advocate for holds in Vet league, just learned a lot about the downside to the stat. 

Just places more emphasis on high leverage arms that aren't closers IMO. Sure some guys will get random holds but the more valuable guys will be the Andrew Miller, Josh Hader, Adam Ottavino's of the world. 

Just think it makes the league even more competitive. 

Archived