R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I get it, but it doesn't make sense. The bottom teams are getting better reguardless. 

I get it makes total sense to you because you trade your picks every year. We will sort this out 

It makes total sense to me because it's what best for the league... 

this way the bottom tier teams get not one, but two chances at some pretty damn good players in the consolidation draft. Plus they get the free agency draft as well to get prospects plus non keepers. 

I think that this is the best and most easy way to do it plus it makes the league much more competitive. 

I don't see how it doesn't make sense? If anything, it benefits you even more.

Not gonna argue to piss off the league, but if I have your 10th overall pick in a superdraft it could be a Miguel Sano as example where as 10th overall in FA draft likely isn't keeper quality or borderline keeper at best

If we do superdraft and I have 4th overall and 10th I could score Otani possibly plus someone like Sano with 16th overall on deck being a decent pitcher. Your idea id get a lesser player at 4th with Otani in FA draft, a lesser player 14th overall instead of 10th than an alright player 4th overall in FA draft, but I'd rather top end talent considering I'm past the prospect stage of my rebuild. I'm targeting vets to compete for top 3 with Acuna and Robles and my pitchers developing nicely. If this makes sense.

Anyways either or, I'm not gonna risk the league over spilt milk but if it comes to vote myself and smaller rebuild teams like Sax and MSR who acquired picks will probably vote superdraft over 2 drafts. Especially Sax he has 3 early birds if I'm not mistaken 

This is all moot if BK comes back for a another title run but we have lots to do this off season 

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Not gonna argue to piss off the league, but if I have your 10th overall pick in a superdraft it could be a Miguel Sano as example where as 10th overall in FA draft likely isn't keeper quality or borderline keeper at best

If we do superdraft and I have 4th overall and 10th I could score Otani possibly plus someone like Sano with 16th overall on deck being a decent pitcher. Your idea id get a lesser player at 4th with Otani in FA draft, a lesser player 14th overall instead of 10th than an alright player 4th overall in FA draft, but I'd rather top end talent considering I'm past the prospect stage of my rebuild. I'm targeting vets to compete for top 3 with Acuna and Robles and my pitchers developing nicely. If this makes sense.

Anyways either or, I'm not gonna risk the league over spilt milk but if it comes to vote myself and smaller rebuild teams like Sax and MSR who acquired picks will probably vote superdraft over 2 drafts. Especially Sax he has 3 early birds if I'm not mistaken 

This is all moot if BK comes back for a another title run but we have lots to do this off season 

But if 2 teams are Contracted how can you still include traded picks? So the ones that got HHs picks are good to go, but the ones that got mine are screwed. That's why i proposed on the last page what I'd do to shake up the league if 2 teams are Contracted

24 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

And if I was Sax or MSR I'd want 2 drafts like in my proposal. That way they can improve their keepers and still have good picks in a new draft.

He's looking at 4 top 20 picks, 3 in top 10 in a loaded superdraft ? 

You think he'll want 2 surefire keepers and 3 first round picks over 4 surefire keepers ? Quantity over quality ?

4 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Either way Herbie comes out like Gold in either scenario.

How do I come out like gold???? I have no draft picks and then I'd have the 10th overall pick in the consolidation draft. As of right now my keepers are:

Goldy, Turner, Murphy, Bryant, Harper, Blackmon, Kershaw, Sale, Kluber, Sev, Ray and my last keeper goes to Cruz, Enciarte or Cain.  I doubt doing the consolidation draft makes my team even better because I'm not sure any of the players I'd draft at #10 would be better then my last keeper.  My team basically stays the same ??? not my fault I built a good team. 

17 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

How do I come out like gold???? I have no draft picks and then I'd have the 10th overall pick in the consolidation draft. As of right now my keepers are:

Goldy, Turner, Murphy, Bryant, Harper, Blackmon, Kershaw, Sale, Kluber, Sev, Ray and my last keeper goes to Cruz, Enciarte or Cain.  I doubt doing the consolidation draft makes my team even better because I'm not sure any of the players I'd draft at #10 would be better then my last keeper.  My team basically stays the same ??? not my fault I built a good team. 

Its is your fault!!!! But yes you get 3 or 4 better players to keep plus. No one touches that. Smooth sailing 

16 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Its is your fault!!!! But yes you get 3 or 4 better players to keep plus. No one touches that. Smooth sailing 

3-4 better players to keep? I probably wouldn't keep any of them. The players you draft in the two rounds of the consolidation draft are up to you if you want to keep. And I probably won't keep any of them lol. 

On 9/4/2017 at 4:07 PM, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Imo. You guys should take me and BKs players, put them in a pool. And go from worst to best in a non-snake draft, you can do it on here. Draft like 3 rounds. Then take those 10 teams then after that keep like 6-8 players for 2018 then a huge snake draft on ESPN for the rest of the players. Just forget the draft pick deals and everything from this season. Just reset the league, but keep the 'core' players you've built up to this point. So you guys don't lose your favorite player(s), but you reset the league enough where everyone is on a somewhat equal playing field for 2018. HH would still have a insane 6 keepers for 2018, but that's fine, he built it and he can keep the best 6 while the other 9 kinda refresh.

I did like this idea. 

Archived