R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So these following things are agreed

- 4 Keepers in order to reset league

- Everyone gets picks back 

Let's work this out 

This is what I propose, and will address a number of issues that the league has had IMO. On my phone, was gonna wait for my new PC to post this in depth and in a better format ,but here we go.

Everything BG just said.

Then starting for 2019, 12 keepers, plus prospect keeper (players that haven't played a MLB game), and must keep at minimum 3 pitchers or hitters, not counting prospects.  (12 starting hitting spots which means at least 3 hitters that we're starters will be in the draft from each team.

You may only have 2 prospects on your team at one time. Meaning only 2 players that haven't played a MLB game. This is to counter balance the prospect love this league has had and makes every owner have a full time MLB roster, these prospects still count against your active roster.

Starting in 2019 we no longer use a snake draft, we go by finishing order like the NFL draft. This way the worst team has a chance to get the better player(s).

3 DL spots. This was a big problem last year, so we gain 1 more spot, and with the added prospect rules each team should have more MLB players.

Only 2 picks per year can be traded away. (Doesn't include your last pick) meaning if HH trades his 1st round pick for a player and last round to BK. That last round pick doesn't count against BK's 2 picks traded away, as it's an accounting thing to make sure teams don't have more than 27 picks in the draft.

TLDR. I'm this with what BG said will balance out the talent and keep the league from getting too prospect heavy and a ton of draft pick trades. While keeping an dynasty aspect to the league and makes 28+ players value back to where it should be over a 20 year old prospect.  These changes imo really even out the league, and keeps people invested longer instead of getting a ton of prospects and checking out to 'wait till next year'.

Also open to making a 6x6 league with holds added along with opb or another hitting cat to make non-closer RPs more valuable.

Actually on the keepers if we really wanna add an extra level of strategy is setting a budget. We use a web site value of players and you can't exceed that budget for keeping players. Kinda like an off-season salary cap. It would really make the league more fluid year to year and take some of the prices of big name players down.

Most leagues but some kind of rules on keepers, either lost of draft pick for where the player was taken the previous year or the budget way.

I'm fine with keeping it somewhat simple, but really opening it up year to year is a good thing. 

Even to avoid tanking the 1st place gets a slightly higher keepers budget than last place, while the last place gets 1st pick in every round.

Keeps each owner on their toes every year.

3 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

You may only have 2 prospects on your team at one time. Meaning only 2 players that haven't played a MLB game. This is to counter balance the prospect love this league has had and makes every owner have a full time MLB roster, these prospects still count against your active roster.

Go ahead and find my replacement if this goes through.  We all have different methods of team building..and this drastically kills one solid way of team building in a dynasty league.

On 8/25/2017 at 4:43 PM, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Yeah, I'm done with the league, BK already knew, but I'm done after this year. I'll keep updating my roster for the last month.

Since I can't remove myself BK or someone else will have to start a new league next year with every teams keepers and put them in manually. 

And to HH I haven't really cared about the league for awhile, I wanted to win in my last season but it's whatever. My life is changing, don't have PC don't have time or any interest in a league.

I knew I saw that somewhere

haha

I'm all for making sure people have enough MLB players to fill a starting lineup, but after that they should be able to have as many prospects as they want in order to help rebuild a team.  I don't love the cap on draft pick trades either.  I do think the league should lock after the season and you should only be able to trade your keepers in the offseason.  I think the biggest issue is guys trading a bunch of picks for keepers and then trading their leftover keeper worthy players they cant keep for those same picks again.  Other than that I don't mind the proposed rules above. Getting rid of a snake draft is imperative to competitive balance IMO.

I'm not too concerned about past comments, as long as guys are committed to the upcoming year. Seems to be a bit of disagreement, and we need to try to reach something that makes all parties happy. Going to like some things, and dislike other things. I don't think "my way or the highway" helps either. The league has been a certain way for several years, and it's tough to make big sudden changes, although it seems like most guys do agree that their needs to be some shakeups.

We also do a "Live" draft, and the season doesn't start till March 29. Outside of guys personal schedules, I don't see a problem doing the draft within 7 days of Opening Day. With all these big names still as free agents, think we can take our time to settle the differences. We got 6 weeks.

Lets identify the key issues, keepers/Draft/Prospects/Trading picks, and maybe go with a vote. And everyone needs to understand that they probably aren't going to be happy about 100% of the changes. Maybe certain things can be changed this year, and then transition the new changes into the 2019 season.

It seemed inevitable that the League was going to shut down before this year, but everyone seems to be open to returning. Lets try not to bicker or piss someone off to actually quitting. Lets figure this out. Ultimately, I'll agree with whatever. This is a really good active league, with smart owners. I'm not in here just because I was specifically looking for a 12 keeper/trade picks/ROTO league. It's a competitive group, which makes it fun.

Nothing I put I need to come back other than the resetting the league talent which BK requested and seems to be like is gonna happen. Everything I put was there as a proposal. League has really stagnated, so thought I'd propose ways to add more strategy. I agree with the no prospect rule thing since this will be a dynasty and loading up on keepers is a way to build, but still wanna propose a way to kinda balance it from the inflated prices on keepers and younger guys in general to incentivize every owner to finish higher in the standings. 

The more I think about it a keeper budget is imo a great way to make the draft more important and keep prices on MEGA star players lower, while giving a slightly higher budget to teams that finish higher in the standings.  For example, we use a signs auction value on a player. Like a $300 budget for last and $350 for first and gets stepped up for 2-11.  This way to keep Trout it costs you $50 of your budget. Instead of keeping best 12. This makes you think of a strategy of which players to keep and which to throw back, which makes the draft better. While teams that wanna build through prospects still viable as it's cheaper but can get expensive quick. And will keep teams from throwing away picks, and picks are more valuable at the same time.

On 13/02/2018 at 6:30 PM, malibuspeedrace said:

Go ahead and find my replacement if this goes through.  We all have different methods of team building..and this drastically kills one solid way of team building in a dynasty league.

I agreed with everything BD said except this.

If we reset the league there will be less prospects but I don't like capping prospects

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I agreed with everything BD said except this.

If we reset the league there will be less prospects but I don't like capping prospects

I think you should have to have a startable roster.  Even MLB teams that tank have to put a team on the field.  The depth can all be prospects but nobody should be running with 3 or 4 MLB players again. 

Archived