NLCS: (2) Atlanta Braves vs (1) Los Angeles Dodgers

BayRaider

5 hours ago, N4L said:

ok, you would have still lost by 8 runs lol 

You are thinking about this all wrong. imagine actually getting a third out in the first inning rather than getting bat around and giving up 11 runs. or better yet, imagine there is no replay and mookie betts is called out (the first time he was up in the inning). would have changed the whole game. 

You just knew the dodgers were going to come out swinging today. Tomorrow I expect a high scoring game as well. 

I didn't actually believe they could or would do it.  Calling for the Braves to win the game after the 1st was one of those low risk, high reward things where I could claim all this glorious credit at the end if it happened, but if it didn't, it doesn't hurt credibility because it would have been such an outlandish thing to happen.  Of course it didn't happen.

Not sure why they have the roof open with these wind conditions lol.

I'm impressed with Bryse Wilson so far.  Braves can live with the solo shot he gave up.  He's being economical with his pitches, not letting them drive his pitch count up.  If he limits the Dodgers to a couple runs, even 3 or 4, and the Braves don't win, it'll be the offenses fault.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Bryse Wilson has been sensational.

What a huge performance by him.

Does he come out for the 7th?  I'm inclined to keep playing it batter by batter, with a quick hook.  Or you could have him face the right Turner before turning over to the pen--either Matzek or Smith--to face the lefties 4-8.

11 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Does he come out for the 7th?  I'm inclined to keep playing it batter by batter, with a quick hook.  Or you could have him face the right Turner before turning over to the pen--either Matzek or Smith--to face the lefties 4-8.

Looked like he is done after the interaction with Snit. Idk how I feel about him going through that lineup for the third time. Hell of a job by him though. Way more than what we could have asked for. He saved our pen for tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

think you nailed it. face turner and then hand it to one of the lefties.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

think you nailed it. face turner and then hand it to one of the lefties.

Before this inning even started, looked like Snit told him his night was done.  Now that the bats have kept him on the bench this long, I wouldn't want him back out on the mound anyway despite how well he has pitched.

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Great performance from Wilson. 

kershaws going to get some hate, but through 6 the vaunted dodgers offense has one run on one hit against bryce wilson... who has had a mixed career thus far. if they lose, people should really be blaming the bats.