BDL 2020 Week 5 - Portland Horned Owls @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Portland Horned Owls @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 5

Match: Portland Horned Owls @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner: @EaglesPeteC

Home Owner: @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Portland Horned Owls

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Jerrick McKinnon
WR- TY Hilton
WR- David Moore
TE- Mark Andrews
TE- Jack Doyle
OT- Laremy Tunsil
OG- Andrew Norwell
C-Matt Paradis
OG-Mark Glowinski
OT- Alejandro Villanueva

2nd RB- Peyton Barber
FB- Patrick Ricard
WR- Mike Williams (Q)
WR- Dede Westbrook
Swing T- Andrew Wyile
Swing G- Will Hernandez

LE- John Simon
DT- Cam Heyward
DT- Lawrence Guy
RE- Bud Dupree
LB- Jayon Brown
LB- Blake Martinez
CB- Marcus Peters
CB- Desmond Trufant
FS- Marcus Maye
SS- Landon Collins
3rd S/Dime LB- Malcolm Jenkins

3rd DE- Genard Avery
Depth DT- Hassan Ridgeway
Depth ILB- Kenny Young
Joker- Jamie Collins
Nickle CB- DeVante Bausby
Dime CB- Michael Ojemudia
4th S- Mike Edwards

Berlin Blitzkrieg

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
WR - Marquise Brown
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Solomon Kindley
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Tristan Wirfs

RB - Justin Jackson
RB - Anthony McFarland
TE - Jordan Akins
TE - Irv Smith
WR - MVS
WR - Christian Kirk
OL - Taylor Moton
OL - Trey Hopkins

DE - Za’Darius Smith
DT - Sheldon Rankins
NT - Derrick Brown
DE - DeMarcus Lawrence
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
MLB - Ja’whuan Bentley
LB - Rashaan Evans
RCB - Rock Ya-Sin
LCB - Kendall Fuller
S - Antoine Winfield Jr
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Lorenzo Carter
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DT - Da’Shawn Hand
DT - Kingsley Keke
DT - Quinnen Williams
CB - Byron Murphy
CB - Jeff Gladney
CB/S - Lamarcus Joyner

Portland Horned Owls

OFFENSE:

Ball control: Our offense can't get into a shootout with Rodgers and company, so we will try and slow the game down. We will be in base 12 personnel to help with the run game. We will try and get Jerrick McKinnon on the edge and in space. We also will try the short passing game and play action to TY Hilton and Mark Andrew to try and get them in space and 1 on 1 matchups. I will bring in Patrick Ricard a lot to help with the running game and pass protection numbers

DEFENSE:

Aggressively attack. Base Big Nickel. The only way we might win is to cause turnovers and try and cause chaos. Bud Dupree and Cam Heyward should be able to get pressure on Rodgers as we have an advantage with Berlin's offensive line. Bringing in Jamie Collins and Genard Avery (who have 5 pressures against SF and a sack and a half and a pressure that caused an INT) can create more confusion and exotic blitz packages to help slow down their pass game. As well as having Malcolm Jenkins and Landon Collins help disguise coverages and can also create additional pressure.

Marcus Peters will be locked in coverage with Odell and we think he can limit his impact. We think we can bracket coverage Hollywood Brown and our 3 safety base defense can help limit the rac ability of Aiyuk and disrupt them off of his routes. We think our interior 4 of Cam Hayward, Lawrence Guy, Jayron Brown and Blake Martinez can help limit Aaron Jones to a reasonable running day.

By speeding the game up with a ball control offense and creating havoc on defense, would give the Horned Owls the best chance to grind out a close victory.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense

Overview - 60% pass, 40% run.  Get the ball to our WRs.  Let Rodgers do this thing.

3 WR - 65% - We will mix up under-center and shotgun pretty evenly and run about 50% of the time from here.  We will use playaction from both sets to keep the defense honest.

Jones will run inside and out but we want to run plenty of our stretch play.  Look for some tosses, draws, and screens to further confuse the defense.  We will rotate Jackson and McFarland a bit more than usual, especially on 3rd downs.

We are going to move our WRs around this week with each moving into and out of the slot to see which matchup we like best and get presnap reads.  Look for a fair amount of jet sweep and end around motion as we want to find ways to get the ball into their hands on a regular basis.  They will run every type of route as we trust Rodgers to read the defense and find the open man.  We won’t shy away from any of their DBs as we want to open up our offense.

Jayon Brown is a very good LBer, but Martinez isn’t that great in coverage.  If he is on either Henry or Jones in solo man coverage, we will go after him.

2 TE - 10% - One of Akins or Irv comes in.  We will run more heavily from here, but look for us to attack down the seam or out in the flat with a TE.  We will use this in more short yardage and goalline situation.

4/5 WR - 25% - With 4 WRs, Kirk/MVS will come in for Henry.  With 5 WRs, both MVS/Kirk come in for Jones and Henry.  We will use these sets to spread out the defense and attack in hurry up situations.  Look for us to roll Rodgers out pretty regularly so he can pick up cheap yards with his legs.

Defense

Overview - We want to load the box, remove Mark Andrews, and force Cousins to beat us when he doesn’t have playaction to work off of.

4-3 Base - Our DL lines up and does their thing.

Kendall gets Hilton and Rock gets the other WR.  Thornhill is going to sit deep middle.

Winfield is going to play up in the box to give us numbers against the run.  He is going to follow Mark Andrews everywhere.

The LB to Andrews’ side is also going to have him in coverage so he is always bracketed.  The LB to the other side will have the other TE in man coverage.  Bentley is going to play MLB and follow the RB everywhere.

We will mix in some Cover 3 looks to not be predictable.

Nickel - Byron comes in for Bentley and takes LCB, Rock takes RCB, and Kendall takes the slot.  Winfield still plays up and takes Andrews along with the LB to Andrews’ side.  The other LB has the RB.

Heavy Sets - A DT comes in for Rock.

Dime - Joyner comes in for Rashaan and plays slot.

Ultimately i love Portlands Gameplan, I think EPC did a great job, but I just don't see a scenario where McKinnon and Ricard are able to successfully grind out the clock against Berlins defense.So I feel strongly that Aaron Rodgers would have ample opportunity to use rhe offensive weapons he has to win this game.

Berlin 31-13

McKinnon had 1 carry (not sure if because of injury), Moore had zero catches on 3 Targets. Hilton went for a respectable 6 for 69 but Andrews is really the only offensive threat to Berlin in this game. I like the effort and scheming by EPC with what he has but against that Berlin offense it isn’t enough to keep up.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

McKinnon had 1 carry (not sure if because of injury), Moore had zero catches on 3 Targets. Hilton went for a respectable 6 for 69 but Andrews is really the only offensive threat to Berlin in this game. I like the effort and scheming by EPC with what he has but against that Berlin offense it isn’t enough to keep up.

McKinnon was mostert being back and them being down a bazillion second half 

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Ultimately i love Portlands Gameplan, I think EPC did a great job, but I just don't see a scenario where McKinnon and Ricard are able to successfully grind out the clock against Berlins defense.So I feel strongly that Aaron Rodgers would have ample opportunity to use rhe offensive weapons he has to win this game.

Berlin 31-13

I'm Berlin right?