Week 5 - Rams vs. Seahawks

RamRod

At the very end, Kupp was wide open in the endzone for the win.  It shocked me how poorly thrown that football was by Goff.  Kupp laid out for it, but couldn't pull it in.  With everything that went wrong for the Rams, they were in the game until the last play.  Seattle's offense sucked big time, but that has to be expected at this point.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

At the very end, Kupp was wide open in the endzone for the win.  It shocked me how poorly thrown that football was by Goff.  Kupp laid out for it, but couldn't pull it in.  With everything that went wrong for the Rams, they were in the game until the last play.  Seattle's offense sucked big time, but that has to be expected at this point.

Goff put too much mustard on it. That's on him. But Kupp had both his hands on it. He should have caught it. Blame goes to both guys. Kupp is a rookie. He'll make plenty of those plays in his career. This time, he didn't.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

- Mcvay needs to stop finding a way to get Tavon touches and work on getting Watkins touches.

Watkins didn't deserve more targets today. On multiple deep throws, he half-arsed it on what could have been big plays. I don't know what was up with him today.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Watkins didn't deserve more targets today. On multiple deep throws, he half-arsed it on what could have been big plays. I don't know what was up with him today.

Hum no, just one deep bass where he stop his run was him to blame. The other deeep pass on him wasn't catchable

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If Mcvay put as much time as he does finding out ways to get Tavon the ball, he could come up with more creative ways to get Watkins the ball. Watkins is infinitely more talented than Tavon and if you think otherwise, you are crazy. 

Looking back on this, it probably should have been a pick six. McKissic started to catch up but he put a nice juke on him. Then the only player left was Wilson and he had blockers. Quinn's attempt to block him was pretty lazy though.

I mean, I wasn't mad at the time. Because we took away potential points from the Seahawks and got a FG, but man, that would have been huge.

Just now, Flounch said:

Beside it's unaceptable that in the red zone you don't target Watkins for the last pass of the game. Let him win the one on one against Sherman

I think Goff's decision making on who to target on that last drive was pretty spot on.  It's just really unfortunate that he didn't connect with Kupp for the game winning pass.  I can almost guarantee that if those two can throw that route again with Kupp being open, they connect on it easily.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

If Mcvay put as much time as he does finding out ways to get Tavon the ball, he could come up with more creative ways to get Watkins the ball. Watkins is infinitely more talented than Tavon and if you think otherwise, you are crazy. 

Watkins is infinitely more talented as a WR, but it's easy to get Tavon the ball. It's not as easy to get Watkins the ball, especially when Watkins isn't giving consistent effort.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think Goff's decision making on who to target on that last drive was pretty spot on.  It's just really unfortunate that he didn't connect with Kupp for the game winning pass.  I can almost guarantee that if those two can throw that route again with Kupp being open, they connect on it easily.

Yes but the decision to make again a pass for Kupp after the drop wasn't smart. Proof he was double cover this time...

Just now, Flounch said:

Yes but the decision to make again a pass for Kupp after the drop wasn't smart. Proof he was double cover this time...

Goff has built up a really nice rapport with Kupp and those two have had a lot of success together.  Can't really blame Goff for going to Kupp there.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Watkins is infinitely more talented as a WR, but it's easy to get Tavon the ball. It's not as easy to get Watkins the ball, especially when Watkins isn't giving consistent effort.

Watkins not giving consistent effort ? are you kidding ? He made one error on a play and it's like he's Kenny Britt  

Just now, Flounch said:

Watkins not giving consistent effort ? are you kidding ? He made one error on a play and it's like he's Kenny Britt  

That's not an "error." That's a guy not giving effort. He didn't run the wrong route. He quit on a route. All that takes is effort. Watkins has no excuse for it. And that wasn't the only play where he gave less than ideal effort despite your insistence otherwise.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's not an "error." That's a guy not giving effort. He didn't run the wrong route. He quit on a route. All that takes is effort. Watkins has no excuse for it. And that wasn't the only play where he gave less than ideal effort despite your insistence otherwise.

i didn't say he run a wrong route, he wasn't aware of ONE play. I didn't see other play where he was lazy but maybe you will show me some video evidence... 

Archived