Power Rankings Week 5

Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

@BayRaider Don’t think it’s a fair assessment of the Rams. I think you are looking at hindsight more than anything. Nobody looked at the Cowboys as a terrible team at the time the Rams played them Week 1. People had the Cowboys as a Superbowl team heading into Week 1 and was actually picking them to beat the Rams. They were actually favored to win that game. 

Again nobody had the Eagles as terrible heading  into Week 2 against the Rams. Yes they blew their Week 1 game against Washington but at the time the narrative was they had a 17pt lead then Wentz and the Eagles fell apart. Missing Lane Johnson and other guys on the OL. Also missing Sanders in the backfield. People still had them as a playoff team heading into Week 2 and they was the favorites in the game against the Rams.

Obviously we know what happened in Buffalo. Started off slowly and Rams stormed back to be in position to win before that questionable PI call. The Giants and Washington are terrible but how many teams can look this impressive like the Rams traveling East three times out of the last four games? So I’m just saying you make it seem like the Rams came into the season playing the terrible Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Washington. That’s the case right now but the first two weeks nobody was looking at the Cowboys and Eagles as terrible.

Those teams are terrible though, as it turns out. And LAR continue to face terrible teams until the first time they play SEA.

It's OK though, ride that coattail. Be 9-1, who cares? You can only play what's in front of you. NE last year got off to a ludicrous start at 9-0 or something, and we rode it to the playoffs. Turns out, we were a crap team, but once you're in the playoffs who cares? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Those teams are terrible though, as it turns out. And LAR continue to face terrible teams until the first time they play SEA.

It's OK though, ride that coattail. Be 9-1, who cares? You can only play what's in front of you. NE last year got off to a ludicrous start at 9-0 or something, and we rode it to the playoffs. Turns out, we were a crap team, but once you're in the playoffs who cares? 

I get what you are saying but thats in hindsight. Weeks 1 and 2 NOBODY was saying Dallas and Philly was terrible. The only way anyone can dock the Rams record is if coming into the season there was no believing in Dallas or Philly as good teams. If the Rams played the Giants and Washington weeks 1 and 2 and beat them then played Buffalo and lost then played Dallas and Philly and won I can agree because Weeks 4 and 5 version of Dallas and Philly would definitely be terrible. Im talking about though weeks 1 and 2 and NOBODY was sitting here saying Dallas and Philly is terrible thus at the time of the Rams playing them they beat two good teams. But again I get what you are saying that right now both teams are terrible and that has made the Rams schedule in terms of opponents record historically the easiest. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Agreed, who cares? Be happy your team has an easy as pie schedule and try to take advantage of it in the playoffs. The consequence of the easy schedule is low in Power Rankings, and some fan/media criticism. I’ll take the playoffs combined with that any day of the week. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying but thats in hindsight. Weeks 1 and 2 NOBODY was saying Dallas and Philly was terrible. The only way anyone can dock the Rams record is if coming into the season there was no believing in Dallas or Philly as good teams. If the Rams played the Giants and Washington weeks 1 and 2 and beat them then played Buffalo and lost then played Dallas and Philly and won I can agree because Weeks 4 and 5 version of Dallas and Philly would definitely be terrible. Im talking about though weeks 1 and 2 and NOBODY was sitting here saying Dallas and Philly is terrible thus at the time of the Rams playing them they beat two good teams. But again I get what you are saying that right now both teams are terrible and that has made the Rams schedule in terms of opponents record historically the easiest. 

The fact is they are terrible though, we just didn’t know it. Just because they didn’t have a record yet doesn’t mean they weren’t bad. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The fact is they are terrible though, we just didn’t know it. Just because they didn’t have a record yet doesn’t mean they weren’t bad. 

That literally doesnt make any sense. To prove my point, coming into the season Vegas had Dallas 5th in win total at 10 wins. They had Philly at 9th in win totals at 9.5. If anything Vegas and people in general was sleeping on the Rams. They had the Rams 16th in win total with 8.5. So again its easy to look NOW at say Dallas and Philly are terrible thus the Rams get little to no credit for beating them. Coming into the season weeks 1 and 2 the Rams should get great credit for beating them both. Its not the Rams fault that after those two games both teams fell apart. For me I look at the time teams play each other not after the fact.

Regardless though of the schedule the eye test tells me the Rams arent the 11th best team right now. You have the Steelers in the top 5 havent they played terrible teams? They let those teams hang around with them. You have the Bills 7th and they played the Jets and Dolphins the first 2 weeks. Based on your logic those teams coming into the season werent pegged as being good. I know the Dolphins are playing better than expected but at the time the Bills played them they werent. The Jets arent good period. Ill just say its going to be interesting to see when you do your rankings again how they will look. 

Edited by stl4life07

20 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Yet like others have said, no mention of a worse defense being ranked ahead of them. And the Packers offense is why they were out of the game today.

No, both the offense and defense were bad.  The defense can't stop the run to save their life and got zero pressure all game.