Propose a Trade Thread

NewAge

Just now, NewAge said:

Yeah I'd think you'd at least need to add in Hatch or Clifton. 

I'm not going to pretend like I'm overly familiar with the Cubs farm system, but I'd have to imagine that there are a number of teams that could and would beat that offer.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's still a 3 WAR pitcher with two more years of team control beyond this year.  Unless you're still a big believer in Almora, I don't see that package being worth much.  Almora is a career 4th OFer for me and I'm not Caratini is more than a backup C.  That package seem incredibly light.

Caratini is a really big mover this year.  He may find himself on the backend of a few top 100 lists due to the bat and his ability to be passable behind the plate.  More than one of the national guys thought he had a solid future as a C/1B/DH rotation guy for an AL team.  Almora just lost his prospect status, but was a top 100 guy as well.  Despite the weird metrics painting him as below average for some reason, he has great CF defense and a league average bat.  These are two kinds of guys that Beane loves.  Sierra was just the lottery ticket.

Just now, NewAge said:

Yeah I'd think you'd at least need to add in Hatch or Clifton. 

I would have zero problems including Clifton.  I don't think his command is ever going to be good enough.  Hatch would be a bit tougher.  He's been really good and has seen his stock climb as well.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not going to pretend like I'm overly familiar with the Cubs farm system, but I'd have to imagine that there are a number of teams that could and would beat that offer.

Oh there absolutely are.  At least from how we perceive and value that package.  I could easily see Beane falling in love with a few of "his guys" and taking the lesser offer though.  He's done it plenty before. 

11 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Oh there absolutely are.  At least from how we perceive and value that package.  I could easily see Beane falling in love with a few of "his guys" and taking the lesser offer though.  He's done it plenty before.

Apparently talks with the Astros are "heating up" for Sonny Gray.  Don't think they'd move Martes or Tucker in a Gray deal, maybe not Perez either.

Nick Hundley and George Kontos to the Rockies for Yency Almonte and Daniel Montano?

Hunter Strickland to the Rays for Jesus Sanchez and Resley Linares?

Nunez to Boston for Roniel Raudes

Shark and cash to Houston for Forrest Whitley, JD Davis, Jorge Alcala

I'm not going to lie, i have no idea on the worth of prospects and some players. Tell me if its too much or too little. I'm really just spitballing

Archived