NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, Iowa State is legit. Gonna come up short today but they played their ***** off and gave Baylor a game.

Yeah, Iowa State is good. Who was it that said they sucked a few weeks ago? lol

Also Scott Drew is quietly becoming the best coach in college basketball. What he has done at Baylor has been absolutely incredible.

Letting Walker Kessler get away is the parting gift I'll never forgive Roy Williams for. If we had his shot blocking in the middle, we'd be so much better than we are. We're good enough to be a tournament team but we're not good enough to make it beyond the first weekend unless we get a region that's beneficial to our style of play (aka teams that don't try to win inside). 

Bacot gets some blocks but he's not a rim protector, really. Outside of that, we have nothing but perimeter oriented bigs so our interior defense is garbage. I mean, it's progress that we're not dropping games to teams we shouldn't but it's also garbage that a UNC program can't compete with any type of legit team. We only lost by 9 to Purdue but they flexed late and pulled away with ease. Don't get me started on the boatracings vs Tennessee and Kentucky.

Overall, I'm happy enough with what Davis has done but we're still a ways away from being UNC again. As long as he doesn't drop games to teams we should out talent alone, I won't have a problem with him while he gets the roster set to how he wants it. However, if he completely avoids back to the basket, rim protectors, I'm going to be a bit pissed since his defensive scheme leaves the lane open like a red carpet. 

Edited by beekay414

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Iowa State is good. Who was it that said they sucked a few weeks ago? lol

Also Scott Drew is quietly becoming the best coach in college basketball. What he has done at Baylor has been absolutely incredible.

i didnt say they sucked. i said wisconsin will be better this season.

meanwhile memphis out here losing to freaking tulane.