Week 7 GDT: NY Giants vs. Philadephia Eagles -- Thurs. @ 8:20pm

Giants4eva

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

So many bad plays in that fourth quarter, but one that has been flying under the radar was Lewis allowing that huge completion.  You can't get beat deep in that situation.  Force the Eagles to dink and dunk and chew up clock.  That was the beginning of the end.

The Giants are to the Eagles what the Redskins are to us - a W

Ya no question about that. The defense had to keep those Eagles WRs in front of them and not allow getting beaten over the top 

2 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Well its less than 24 hours later and im still pissed off. Im sitting here saying to myself we just flat out find ways to lose games. Evan Engram needs to be handed his walking papers like this very second. Between creating an interception off a bobbled catch and then dropping the would be game sealing catch later on.. dude is just awful. Cut this POS PLEASE!

Cut him??  Who the heck is going to run our TE sweeps? 

- Jason Garrett

• Like 1

I think for my own mental health I need to avoid everything related to the Giants until we either win 2 games in a row or make major, major organizational changes. I turned off the game at halftime both because I was tired and going to bed and because I had a feeling I wouldn't be happy with the overall result of the game. Well, I woke up, looked up what happened, and I'm still super upset about it.

See you guys in a few years I guess.

It's tough, but I've dealt with many heartbreaking losses as a fan. I'll get over it. I'm not so sure about Evan Engram though. He looked broken in the postgame press conference.

Of our 12 losses last season, only five were close. We've already equaled that halfway through the season. It doesn't make me feel any better right now but it is a clear improvement, probably something to build on. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I think for my own mental health I need to avoid everything related to the Giants until we either win 2 games in a row or make major, major organizational changes. I turned off the game at halftime both because I was tired and going to bed and because I had a feeling I wouldn't be happy with the overall result of the game. Well, I woke up, looked up what happened, and I'm still super upset about it.

I understand MM. Hope we see you back here sooner than that but either way, take care of yourself.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

When I was younger I used to take losses so much harder. I'd be yelling and throwing tantrums. Living and dying on every play. Then be all bummed for a week. I remember being devastated for weeks after the playoff loss to SF when Strahan taunted TO and they came all the way back. But over the years after experiencing so many real life situations, letdowns and miseries football just doesn't really have the power to affect me anymore.  I look at it more now as a luxury, especially given the current real world situations. Sure I'm bummed after a loss and thrilled with a win. But in the end I really gained or lost nothing. In the end it's just a sportsball game and has zero effect on the real world. It's a distraction that I can escape too for a few hours a week to take my mind off all the other problems. I think at some point if you can get more into that sort of headspace you can just enjoy it for what it is. Win or lose.

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shockwave said:

When I was younger I used to take losses so much harder. I'd be yelling and throwing tantrums. Living and dying on every play. Then be all bummed for a week. I remember being devastated for weeks after the playoff loss to SF when Strahan taunted TO and they came all the way back. But over the years after experiencing so many real life situations, letdowns and miseries football just doesn't really have the power to affect me anymore.  I look at it more now as a luxury, especially given the current real world situations. Sure I'm bummed after a loss and thrilled with a win. But in the end I really gained or lost nothing. In the end it's just a sportsball game and has zero effect on the real world. It's a distraction that I can escape too for a few hours a week to take my mind off all the other problems. I think at some point if you can get more into that sort of headspace you can just enjoy it for what it is. Win or lose.

I feel exactly the same way about pretty much everything you said. My passion as a Giants fan and sports fan in general tempered quite a bit over the years. It's still emotionally rewarding on some level when my teams win but I'm not nearly as ecstatic, and frankly don't really care that much. So its gotten to be just a mild disappointment when they lose.

One thing I'll add is that even though sports are games, I think it's unfair to say it's "just a game". Soccer, Football, Basketball etc are billion dollar industries and provide livelihoods and careers for millions of people. That's all possible because so many of us eagerly invest our attention, time, and money into participating in various ways. For such fans, it's a source of entertainment, and thus, a source of joy. Sports also act as a vehicle to bring cultures and nations together. Especially international sports like Soccer and Basketball. Of course don't forget the Olympics. These athletes dedicate their lives to master their craft, and along the way learn countless life lessons and wisdom. Those lessons are often imparted on the fans, as well. Sports teach us discipline, focus, trust, among many many more important values. The last thing I'll add is that athletes inspire the whole world. For example take just one iconic athlete like say, Michael Jordan.Think about how many people he has inspired to be great at something, whatever it is they wanted to do. Sports have a massive impact on society. Of course some negative but A LOT of overwhelmingly positive.

I know that wasn't the main part of your comment and this isn't really related to the Giants vs Eagles game lol. But sports have had a very real and positive impact on my life personally in many ways so I always feel compelled to share my thoughts when I see people not giving it it's due respect.

• Like 1