Name me Two players that.....

vegas492

cements us as Super Bowl winner this year.

Here are the restrictions for this magical universe...

• There is no salary cap.
  • There is no compensation for acquiring said players.
  • Their arrival does not mean anyone from our current roster leaves.  But they can ride pine.
  • Acquiring the player does not remove them from their current team.
  • Players still bring their "baggage" with them.
  • Our coaches and schemes both remain the same.  

I'm toying with the idea of Kittle.  Remember the scheme is the same, Kittle>Kelce.

I hesitate on JJ because of Pettine.  He isn't playing EDGE.  Not sure if he is the right one to line up inside next to Clark.

Heavily leaning Donald on the DL as a pure penetrator next to Clark's anchor.  Even Pettine can't screw Donald up.

Still not sure about Kittle over a WR or star corner.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I'm toying with the idea of Kittle.  Remember the scheme is the same, Kittle>Kelce.

I hesitate on JJ because of Pettine.  He isn't playing EDGE.  Not sure if he is the right one to line up inside next to Clark.

Heavily leaning Donald on the DL as a pure penetrator next to Clark's anchor.  Even Pettine can't screw Donald up.

Still not sure about Kittle over a WR or star corner.

Pettine would totally harness Donald with 'gap responsibility'.

• Like 1

The reason I said pick two....

Cuz I think Aaron Donald is easily the first guy you'd take.  A DL that can wreck a game from the inside out.  One that even Pettine can't screw up.

It's the "other" one that is very interesting to me.

It equates to the draft...wanting premium players at premium positions.  

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

Solid combo.  James healthy, though?

And you went defense/defense.  Curious as to why?

We've put up 30 points in every game except for one this year and only stopped putting up points against Tampa after our soul was crushed due to consecutive interceptions. 

This offense can score 24 points against anyone.  With Donald and James, there's not a team in this league that could put up 23 points against us. 

James replacing Redmond/Green is a 10 point swing. 
Donald replacing Keke is a 10 point swing.

With those two, we'd hardly have to score points at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Devin White just kidding OP don't have a stroke...........Jalen Ramsey. Shut down their WO's

Mike Evans - Oppo Adams.

Why Evans over everyone else?  I'm not disputing it, would just like to hear the "why"?

Totally get a superstar corner.  I'm not sold on Ramsey.  He's elite, no doubt, but I've seen him get toasted too many times by being reckless and stupid.  Happened again last night, only Foles was pressured.  Gallup burned him and should have cost the Rams their game against the Cowboys.  I'm curious if there are other corners better suited for us.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

We've put up 30 points in every game except for one this year and only stopped putting up points against Tampa after our soul was crushed due to consecutive interceptions. 

This offense can score 24 points against anyone.  With Donald and James, there's not a team in this league that could put up 23 points against us. 

James replacing Redmond/Green is a 10 point swing. 
Donald replacing Keke is a 10 point swing.

With those two, we'd hardly have to score points at all. 

Love the explanation.  Thank you.

Now...is Derwin James healthy? I think he's on IR, torn knee.

Have a comp ready to go?  Honey Badger?

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Why Evans over everyone else?  I'm not disputing it, would just like to hear the "why"?

Totally get a superstar corner.  I'm not sold on Ramsey.  He's elite, no doubt, but I've seen him get toasted too many times by being reckless and stupid.  Happened again last night, only Foles was pressured.  Gallup burned him and should have cost the Rams their game against the Cowboys.  I'm curious if there are other corners better suited for us.

Ramsey - agree he's got issues they all do he tackles like my sister if you watched last night. But when he's right he can shut down and name recognition will stop QB's and OC's from throwing his away. So they have no choice but to throw at King or JA, and I would spooge in my pants if we could have JA around the line of scrimmage playing slot i think he could easily be a Woodson type player around the ball more. Who would is sub if not ramsey maybe Ward from Cleveland or frick what's his name in NE, Gilmore. Forgot about him.

Evans his size and the guy can catch and run plus he's experienced. Hard to go wrong with any of the top guys really could go DK for his speed but i like Evan's catch radios, competetivness and desire.

Edited by PACKRULE

4 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Aaron Donald .... DK Metcalf

That one came to mind almost immediately to me.

Donald=Duh

DK=Big, fast, catches contested balls...seems to have a lot of energy and toughness.  Maybe isn't as seasoned as others out there, in regards to reading defenses and understanding the nuances of playing WR.