Herbert Mega Thread!

Zappaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man Justin Herbert was my favorite rookie QB I was hoping he could somehow fall to the mid teens so we could trade up and get him, but man I feel bad for him he's been playing really really good for a rookie QB yet he's been constantly losing, other than the Patriots game of course we were gonna shut him down I mean it's Belichik of course but get this guy a real coach and upgrade that O-Line jeez if we were getting that type of pressure on you guys oh lord. Bulaga and Turner are not real upgrades on the line they are mediocre players at best. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Daboll is the hot name right now and probably at the top of my wish list.  He’ll in all likelihood be able to pick his next job. I would think he would attach himself to a better organization, I think Houston with Watson makes a ton of sense,  

Really? You think Houston is more desirable than LA?

Houston has basically no draft capital in this coming draft and is missing their 4th the following year as well. That along with Watson signing a huge deal with a huge cap hit means they have less money to go after FAs. The Texans team is pretty set... and they aren't very good. Give me some names of highly talented young guys beyond Watson and Tunsil? 

LA has a very promising rookie QB who will be dirt cheap relative to cap hit for the next 4 years so more $ to throw around at FAs. Missing zero draft picks going forward. Brand new stadium to play in. Best players are already locked into deals (Bosa/Allen) and some good young talent around. 

I think LA is a much more talented team overall and in a better situation going forward. The next coach has the chance to grow with Herbert and take the reigns of LA... and you know the NFL wants a team in LA winning. 

8 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Daboll is the hot name right now and probably at the top of my wish list.  He’ll in all likelihood be able to pick his next job. I would think he would attach himself to a better organization, I think Houston with Watson makes a ton of sense,  

I heard Houston is giving Watson a lot of say in their next coach. I think that favors Bienemy

4 hours ago, Zappaz said:

Really? You think Houston is more desirable than LA?

Houston has basically no draft capital in this coming draft and is missing their 4th the following year as well. That along with Watson signing a huge deal with a huge cap hit means they have less money to go after FAs. The Texans team is pretty set... and they aren't very good. Give me some names of highly talented young guys beyond Watson and Tunsil? 

LA has a very promising rookie QB who will be dirt cheap relative to cap hit for the next 4 years so more $ to throw around at FAs. Missing zero draft picks going forward. Brand new stadium to play in. Best players are already locked into deals (Bosa/Allen) and some good young talent around. 

I think LA is a much more talented team overall and in a better situation going forward. The next coach has the chance to grow with Herbert and take the reigns of LA... and you know the NFL wants a team in LA winning. 

No, I don’t think Houston is more talented than the Chargers or in as good of a position in regards to draft, money, FA etc etc.  They do have a young ultra talented QB with a bit more proven track record than Herbert. They’ve also been willing to let their head coach have GM responsibility (Bill O’Brien) in the past, something we haven’t done.  And I’d be willing to bet they’d be willing to pay more than the Spanos’s.  I think our ownership group is garbage and I’m willing to bet everyone else in the league (agents, players, coaches) know it to,  Look at our history of head coaches, they’ve mostly been guys promoted from OC positions, but of those guys, how many were truly “hot” names? Was anyone really beating down the door for freaking Mike McCoy and Anthony Lynn? Hell Buffalo let Lynn walk out the door and hired McDermott.  The head coaches with experience (Turner and Schottenheimer) were on their 3rd or 4th? team and this was the last stop.  Sounds like Daboll is gonna have his pick of teams and that list could include - LAC, Atlanta, Jacksonville (Trevor Lawrence + young talent + huge cap space), Houston, NYJ, and maybe Cincinnati.  That could cause a bidding war and do we really think the Spanos’s are gonna pony up? I haven’t seen anything in the past that says that.  We have an attractive opportunity and someone will come in and take this job, I just don’t think it’s at the top of any candidates list despite having Herbert and some talent to work with

Any one else feel like we should sit Ekeler and Herbert this week? Meaningless game where we’re sitting some key starters anyway (Bosa/Allen).  We could give Tyrod the start and do him a solid to show what he can still offer to his next team or give Easton some live game reps. Either makes more sense to me than running Herbert out there with that offensive line and exposing him to an injury.  I get flashbacks of Drew Brees shoulder against Denver back in 05 in a game he shouldn’t have been in either