Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Players usually don't develop in season so it won't help for this year, but in the offseason I wanna see Herb, GTA, and Naji work with Coach Vinson nonstop and get it to where they can knockdown those open shots pretty consistently. GTA and Naji have pretty ok to mediocre percentages so they're closer to it than Herb but Herb really needs to get his shot down if he wants to play in the lineup alongside Zion. Teams are just ignoring him offensively right now.

Jose has clearly been bothered by his rib injury. His shooting percentage plummeted right after that game, luckily it looks like he broke out of that mini slump last night! Naji and Herb definitely need to be come 36-38% shooters to really maximize their fit with Zion. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a healthy Zion and the overall talent masks a lot of issues with the roster when he’s healthy, but without him we need more shooting, a point guard, and maybe a rim protector.

Id say move Cj but we need his scoring badly if Zion is out and it would be hard to replace

On the plus side Murphy and Ingram took big steps this year, Murphy seems like he’s gonna be a borderline allstar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amac said:

I think a healthy Zion and the overall talent masks a lot of issues with the roster when he’s healthy, but without him we need more shooting, a point guard, and maybe a rim protector.

Id say move Cj but we need his scoring badly if Zion is out and it would be hard to replace

On the plus side Murphy and Ingram took big steps this year, Murphy seems like he’s gonna be a borderline allstar

It's really hard. You're building the roster to compete with Zion...but Zion is never healthy. Dyson is the PG of the future, I think he'll make huge strides this off-season. You definitely need one more great shooter and you're likely moving on from Jonas. I think my perfect off-season would be...

Draft - Lets assume we don't move up at all. Gradey **** fills a huge need as a shooter and should fit perfectly with Zion off ball. I'm not sure how you defend a lineup of BI - **** - Trey - BI - Herb when it gets run. 

FA - Naz Reid SnT. Huge upgrade at C, Naz is young and worth the draft pick capital. You probably have to overpay a bit to get him away from Timberwolves.fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap-4-13-2023-

Re-Sign Josh Hart. He loved it here, he's best friends with Larry Nance and he's exactly what we need off the bench. Bring him home.

Depth Chart

Dyson Daniels / Jose Alvarado / Kira Lewis Jr
Trey Murphy / CJ McCollum / Josh Hart / Gradey ****
BI / Herb Jones / Naji Marshall
Zion Williamson / Larry Nance Jr
Jonas Valanciunas / Naz Reid / Willy Hernangomez Jr

I'm going to give CJ the benefit of the doubt since he's been dealing with injuries. I would like for us to explore him coming off the bench, but I don't know if Willie is the type of coach to experiment like that. 

I want to see a change or two to the coaching staff as well. Willie struggled at times this year and I think he needs a real veteran coach under him to help with his rotations and offensive system.

As for roster moves, we need more shooting, a rim protecting C, and a real creator off the bench. After Z went down it was all BI creating shots for others. CJ could go get his, but he isn't a natural facilitator. I really don't know who is possibility available out there for us to get, but Griff needs to finally let a pick or two fly to upgrade the roster.

• 2 months later...