Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

No time to panic. A lot of returning/new pieces this year. Willie will figure the rotation out like he did last year. I think by the ASB Dyson is playing 20 a night and Graham minutes are at a consistent 0.

They need to trade Graham/Hayes and a Bucks pick for a legit rim protector. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, Kingram said:

No time to panic. A lot of returning/new pieces this year. Willie will figure the rotation out like he did last year. I think by the ASB Dyson is playing 20 a night and Graham minutes are at a consistent 0.

They need to trade Graham/Hayes and a Bucks pick for a legit rim protector. 

Nailed it.

Weirdly enough, I'm content with the current roster. Sure, we could use a rim protecting big to further solidify our defense, but I don't think we should make any major trades this season. If you can ship Hayes and Temple out to get something halfway decent then do that, but I think we should keep everyone else until the offseason. We need to see exactly how this group meshes together when fully healthy before making any crazy trades.

16 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Weirdly enough, I'm content with the current roster. Sure, we could use a rim protecting big to further solidify our defense, but I don't think we should make any major trades this season. If you can ship Hayes and Temple out to get something halfway decent then do that, but I think we should keep everyone else until the offseason. We need to see exactly how this group meshes together when fully healthy before making any crazy trades.

I want Graham gone just so I don't have to watch him play anymore. He has been good shooting the ball but dude has absolutely zero feel. Zion will be on a run and Graham will just decide to dribble pull up from 35 feet. Its hard to watch. 

23 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Same here, I think the most important thing this year is to get the Zion, BI, and CJ trio fully meshed. This team is very deep and has done well with one or two of those guys missing but our ceiling is determined by those 3 staying healthy and playing well together. 

Aka damn CJ stop taking so many shots, play 3rd fiddle.

10 hours ago, Kingram said:

I want Graham gone just so I don't have to watch him play anymore. He has been good shooting the ball but dude has absolutely zero feel. Zion will be on a run and Graham will just decide to dribble pull up from 35 feet. Its hard to watch. 

I think keeping him until the offseason would be a much better decision. He will be a good salary match for any potential trades after the season ends when we have a better understanding of exactly what we are as a team. I think patience is the best course of action for us at this point.

14 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Same here, I think the most important thing this year is to get the Zion, BI, and CJ trio fully meshed. This team is very deep and has done well with one or two of those guys missing but our ceiling is determined by those 3 staying healthy and playing well together. 

Aka damn CJ stop taking so many shots, play 3rd fiddle.

CJ just needs to get healthy. Dude keeps getting sick and it seems like COVID really did a number on him. 

10 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Say we were to make a trade, who would we even target? No one I've seen mentioned in articles is intriguing to me. 

Had the same thought earlier. Myles Turner is the popular name but even he's not a perfect fit, his rebounding is not great for someone his size and rebounding is one of our biggest strengths as currently constructed. Some rumors circulating that the Bulls might blow it up but the last thing we need is more all offense, no defense scorers like Lavine, Derozan, and Vucevic. Smaller names that have come up in trade talks like Kuzma and Collins don't really do much for us. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Had the same thought earlier. Myles Turner is the popular name but even he's not a perfect fit, his rebounding is not great for someone his size and rebounding is one of our biggest strengths as currently constructed. Some rumors circulating that the Bulls might blow it up but the last thing we need is more all offense, no defense scorers like Lavine, Derozan, and Vucevic. Smaller names that have come up in trade talks like Kuzma and Collins don't really do much for us. 

Hold your pieces and see if a superstar wants out. No need to cash in right now. The team will get expensive, so keeping extra 1st round picks isn't a bad thing as some of the rotation prices out.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Hold your pieces and see if a superstar wants out. No need to cash in right now. The team will get expensive, so keeping extra 1st round picks isn't a bad thing as some of the rotation prices out.

That's been our thoughts as well. No available move really moves the needle. Best to just wait this year out and see what happens in the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Give Zion all the time he needs. Hamstring injuries can linger and the team will be fine with BI back. Biggest concern is you won't really get to see BI+Zion+CJ before the trade deadline...but I think the major issues are pretty obvious anyways.

You need another knockdown shooter. You might need a switchable big who rebounds well, but for now Hayes has filled that role beautifully.

13 hours ago, Kingram said:

Give Zion all the time he needs. Hamstring injuries can linger and the team will be fine with BI back. Biggest concern is you won't really get to see BI+Zion+CJ before the trade deadline...but I think the major issues are pretty obvious anyways.

You need another knockdown shooter. You might need a switchable big who rebounds well, but for now Hayes has filled that role beautifully.

Players usually don't develop in season so it won't help for this year, but in the offseason I wanna see Herb, GTA, and Naji work with Coach Vinson nonstop and get it to where they can knockdown those open shots pretty consistently. GTA and Naji have pretty ok to mediocre percentages so they're closer to it than Herb but Herb really needs to get his shot down if he wants to play in the lineup alongside Zion. Teams are just ignoring him offensively right now.