Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

That's our pick unless it's in the too 10.

I don’t think so. It’s protected 11-30 to New Orleans, so we don’t get it unless it’s top 10. If we don’t get it we can’t trade it to you, and it’s protected 1-10 to you. It’s impossible for you to get that pick unless I’m wrong here.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think so. It’s protected 11-30 to New Orleans, so we don’t get it unless it’s top 10. If we don’t get it we can’t trade it to you, and it’s protected 1-10 to you. It’s impossible for you to get that pick unless I’m wrong here.

Then how was it traded to us if it's impossible for us to get it?

You have it backwards. It goes to New Orleans if it's in the top 10, but to Memphis if it's 11-30. There's no way for the Lakers to keep it.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Then how was it traded to us if it's impossible for us to get it?

You have it backwards. It goes to New Orleans if it's in the top 10, but to Memphis if it's 11-30. There's no way for the Lakers to keep it.

It’s going to be two 2nds. Lakers didn’t make a trade with you, why would they lift their protections? New Orleans doesn’t even get it if it’s between 11-30. This pick was reverse protected. New Orleans only ever got it if it was top 10, and the Lakers certainly didn’t lift protections out of the kindness in their hearts… and we didn’t give the Lakers anything else to remove protections so I’m like 90% positive Memphis is just going to get two 2nds. 

9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s going to be two 2nds. Lakers didn’t make a trade with you, why would they lift their protections? New Orleans doesn’t even get it if it’s between 11-30. This pick was reverse protected. New Orleans only ever got it if it was top 10, and the Lakers certainly didn’t lift protections out of the kindness in their hearts… and we didn’t give the Lakers anything else to remove protections so I’m like 90% positive Memphis is just going to get two 2nds. 

Every site I've seen and every mock draft I can find says it goes to New Orleans if it's 1-10, Memphis if it's 11-30. Memphis will get 2 2nds if New Orleans keeps the pick.

The 2022 1st became unprotected from the Lakers when they didn't convey their 2021 1st to New Orleans. So New Orleans traded the Lakers 2022 1st and protected it 1-10 for themselves.

Barring a meltdown, Memphis will get the Lakers 2022 1st rounder.

Edited by seminoles1

• 3 weeks later...

Supposedly David Griffin is looking to make a win now trade and Jaxson Hayes is on the block. Unless you get somebody who immediately makes it a playoff team and a contender with a healthy Zion I see no point to this

Edited by amac

On 12/15/2021 at 2:56 PM, amac said:

Going for Ben Simmons apparently 🤦‍♂️ 

Give it to me. Ingram, Zion, Simmons, Jonas is a top 4 seed easy. Fred might be the only guy in the league who could actually fix Simmons jumper. You can stagger minutes but a closing lineup of Graham - Ingram - Simmons - Zion - Jonas would be incredible.