Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

On 8/12/2021 at 1:44 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Type of picks we should be making with Fred Vinson on board. Guy is an absolute guru. If Jones can be a 36-38% shooter he will be very valuable.

Yeah Herb is going to be a good defender and a solid playmaker, big swing factor for him will be hitting the 3 at a decent clip. If he can then he'll be in the league for a long time. 

On 8/17/2021 at 8:53 AM, MookieMonstah said:

The Pelicans sent "perfect role player around Zion" to a laboratory and got back Trey Murphy III 

Murphy finished the SL averaging 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists on 56/44/100 splits. Very impressive after he had 50/40/90 splits at UVA last year. Murphy was a guy that I was hoping would fall to Utah at #30 but he was just too good during the pre-draft process. Would bet a significant amount of money that he's a better player than Ziaire Williams. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Murphy finished the SL averaging 16 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists on 56/44/100 splits. Very impressive after he had 50/40/90 splits at UVA last year. Murphy was a guy that I was hoping would fall to Utah at #30 but he was just too good during the pre-draft process. Would bet a significant amount of money that he's a better player than Ziaire Williams. 

Honestly, if he never progresses even a little bit he's still a fantastic fit with Zion. I feel like his floor is a Robert Covington type player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Honestly, if he never progresses even a little bit he's still a fantastic fit with Zion. I feel like his floor is a Robert Covington type player.

The thing about Trey too is that despite being an older rookie I think he still has a ton of room to improve. He played his first two years at Rice before transferring to UVA and wasn't even planning on entering the draft this year. He'll need to get stronger and work on his scoring off the bounce but at the very minimum he should be a very solid 3&D guy. Not very many players with his size, length, athleticism, and shooting ability. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, amac said:

Anyone who criticizes the team or any move we’ve made is an impatient hater. I said our bench is bad because it is, not because I’m impatient. it’s ok to actually have standards and not just cheerlead every single aspect of the team. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, MookieMonstah said:

This is entirely unfair lol. Zion isn’t playing. If he’s starting, NAW is coming off the bench. Hart is hurt as well.

A big part of the reason you want to build depth is so your team doesn’t turn into a joke after an injury. 

Herb Jones is the silver lining so far though, nailed that pick. And Jonas is a monster. NAW has been hard to watch so far. A lot of writers ripping into Zion and his camp for being cryptic about his injury status.

Edited by amac

1 hour ago, amac said:

A big part of the reason you want to build depth is so your team doesn’t turn into a joke after an injury. 

Herb Jones is the silver lining so far though, nailed that pick. And Jonas is a monster. NAW has been hard to watch so far. A lot of writers ripping into Zion and his camp for being cryptic about his injury status.

NAW been bad offensively, which is disappointing. Had high hopes for him.

I'm just about done with Zion. He constantly misses time, and then his family will be running to the media to dump on the Pelicans organization this off-season because we miss the playoffs...but we only miss the playoffs because Zion is going to miss 25 games. Its a never ending circus. I think we've put together a very good roster around Zion, except Zion aint freaking playing.

Playoffs are gonna be out of reach by the time Zion gets back. You can’t get by with a roster this thin.

Herb and Jonas have been the only bright spots, I think Graham will be good with Zion but everyone else has been pretty terrible

On 11/6/2021 at 11:08 AM, amac said:

Playoffs are gonna be out of reach by the time Zion gets back. You can’t get by with a roster this thin.

Herb and Jonas have been the only bright spots, I think Graham will be good with Zion but everyone else has been pretty terrible

I don't even think the roster is thin. What team wins without its two best players? Problem is, you aren't ever going to get healthy Zion. I don't think his heart is in it here. I'm not going to lie, its miserable being a Pelicans fan. A revolving door of the next generation of stars biding their time until they can leave. You don't actively look to trade Zion but I think you listen to phone calls this off-season. 

• 3 weeks later...

This year stinks because I actually think this team could've been good...but this might be the best thing that could've happened to the Pelicans honestly. Jaden Hardy or Paolo Banchero would be huge additions to this team. Or you can use that top 3 pick (most likely) to make a move for a guy like Beal/Lillard. 

Worst case scenario...which might happen...is Zion comes back and the Pelicans play .500 ball or better the rest of the way. Just enough to miss playoffs and end up with a pick around 10-14. 

On 11/8/2021 at 6:30 AM, MookieMonstah said:

I don't even think the roster is thin. What team wins without its two best players? Problem is, you aren't ever going to get healthy Zion. I don't think his heart is in it here. I'm not going to lie, its miserable being a Pelicans fan. A revolving door of the next generation of stars biding their time until they can leave. You don't actively look to trade Zion but I think you listen to phone calls this off-season. 

should just tank one more year. get a cornerstone with the pick, and nail that laker pick for the bench