Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

There's no way you can call dibs on waiver claims.

X drafted Bichette without knowing he wasn't yet in the database. Unless I'm mistaken, DB drafted Ohtani when he wasn't yet in the database as well. Players were drafted with a reasonable expectation that they'd be added into the pool. Bichette has not yet been added, but that's entirely out of X's control.That also addresses the main difference between drafting and waivers... One is prior to the season, the other is not. We often draft while the site is entirely down. 

The floodgates this would open are simply ludicrous. This is an easy one.

7 hours ago, FootballPhreak said:

The "normal process" is acquisition. Draft picks and pickups are 2 forms of that process. You can not allow one without the other and can not disallow one without disallowing the other. There is absolutely no logical way you can tell me draft picks make more sense than a pickup. All a pickup is, is a way to replace a draft pick.

While I understand your logic, its wrong buddy.

We simply make a rule. It would make sense to add more definition to the draft especially given what you seem to be proposing.

So, in the meantime Hunter Greene is mine, all mine.

34 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

While I understand your logic, its wrong buddy.

We simply make a rule. It would make sense to add more definition to the draft especially given what you seem to be proposing.

So, in the meantime Hunter Greene is mine, all mine.

If you want to waste a spot on a guy that won't be up any time soon and isn't a top prospect, I would say both that is your prerogative and your loss. 

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

X drafted Bichette without knowing he wasn't yet in the database. Unless I'm mistaken, DB drafted Ohtani when he wasn't yet in the database as well. Players were drafted with a reasonable expectation that they'd be added into the pool. Bichette has not yet been added, but that's entirely out of X's control.That also addresses the main difference between drafting and waivers... One is prior to the season, the other is not. We often draft while the site is entirely down. 

Ohtani was in. Bichette had no expectation of being added soon. No difference.

I will make a waiver claim for Whitley when he gets added to ESPN.  If he doesn't go through the waiver process, I will be done with the league.  I don't care if a player is or is not in the draft pool.  The rule is you can draft who you want and then it goes to waivers after the draft.  If you drafted Whitley, it would be kosher, but the process has always been that any roster moves after the draft go through waivers. 

4 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

In the draft that is your spot.  So it is not like you are jumping anyone.  That is your right to pick a player.  Totally different.

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I will make a waiver claim for Whitley when he gets added to ESPN.  If he doesn't go through the waiver process, I will be done with the league.  I don't care if a player is or is not in the draft pool.  The rule is you can draft who you want and then it goes to waivers after the draft.  If you drafted Whitley, it would be kosher, but the process has always been that any roster moves after the draft go through waivers. 

That has been the process from day 1. 

19 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed

14 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I wish that I would have thought of this earlier - I would've added Ohtani to my roster last September and kept him. 

xD

Good point.  When the season looks over for some we can just unload roster and add ton of players not in ESPN for the off-season.  Thats brilliant .

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That has never been a rule. We all gave courtesy up to the point X drafted Bichette. If it had been a rule, I would have drafted him. What you are saying don't even make sense. You can't make rules on the fly or demand rules because you want things your way. That isn't how life works. But no issues. I will save you the trouble. I don't have time anyhow, much less time for people to throw imature fits over what they want over want is fair. Have a good one.

41 minutes ago, FootballPhreak said:

That has never been a rule. We all gave courtesy up to the point X drafted Bichette. If it had been a rule, I would have drafted him. What you are saying don't even make sense. You can't make rules on the fly or demand rules because you want things your way. That isn't how life works. But no issues. I will save you the trouble. I don't have time anyhow, much less time for people to throw imature fits over what they want over want is fair. Have a good one.

You could have drafted him.  X Drafting Bichette didn't change anything IMO. You can save a spot for whoever you want to use a pick on if they are in the system or not.  After the draft, players go through the waiver process.  Simple as that. You should have drafted him but you didn't, therefore he will now go through waivers.

Archived