Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

1 minute ago, davisblack said:

Is this vote for drafting players that aren't in the player pool or for the dynasty league discussion? (which we aren't really voting on yet)

He was voting for what was up for vote and then commenting on what Xfactor had mentioned about us working on some sort of rookie league.

Interesting article on Hader

https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-hader-making-case-for-mlbs-top-awards/c-277537948

Ninety-five hitters have dug in against Hader. Fifty-six of them have struck out. That 59-percent strikeout rate would shatter the all-time record (min. 25 batters faced) set by the Reds' Aroldis Chapman in 2014, when he struck out 52.5 percent of hitters.

Hader, a relief pitcher, entered Sunday ranked 11th in the NL in strikeouts. Every other pitcher in the top 28 is a starter who had pitched at least 15 more innings than Hader.

left-handed hitters, who are 1-for-28 (.036)

Crazy to think a RP is on pace for 200Ks almost 

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Interesting article on Hader

https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-hader-making-case-for-mlbs-top-awards/c-277537948

Ninety-five hitters have dug in against Hader. Fifty-six of them have struck out. That 59-percent strikeout rate would shatter the all-time record (min. 25 batters faced) set by the Reds' Aroldis Chapman in 2014, when he struck out 52.5 percent of hitters.

Hader, a relief pitcher, entered Sunday ranked 11th in the NL in strikeouts. Every other pitcher in the top 28 is a starter who had pitched at least 15 more innings than Hader.

Crazy to think a RP is on pace for 200Ks almost 

Statistically, he's actually unlucky so far this year. His FIP is almost half his ERA. He's pretty incredible right now.

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Statistically, he's actually unlucky so far this year. His FIP is almost half his ERA. He's pretty incredible right now.

Yea its hard to not keep him in there despite not picking up a lot of saves.  Hoping the Philly kid who is SP locks down that closer gig.  Would give me a solid 1,2,3 in Diaz, Hader and Dominquez

Then get Tatis or Adames up and I should be competitive weekly. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Hader has been lights out.

its early but how about a CY Young?

If he keeps it up he has to be in the discussion.

NL CY Young at this moment;

1. Scherzer, 2. Hader, 3. DeGrom, (4/5) Martinez, Corbin, Nola

AL CY Young

1. Verlander, 2. Sale, (3/4/5) Cole, Severino, Kluber, Morton, Bauer

Final Voting Results 

Issue 1 - Allow teams to draft players who are not yet in the system.

Result - No - 9  Yes - 4 (No's win)

Issue 2 - Allow teams to make waiver claims on players who are not yet in the system. 

Result - No - 13  Yes - 0  (No's win)

@X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

NL CY Young at this moment;

1. Scherzer, 2. Hader, 3. DeGrom, (4/5) Martinez, Corbin, Nola

AL CY Young

1. Verlander, 2. Sale, (3/4/5) Cole, Severino, Kluber, Morton, Bauer

Good rankings.

it got me thinking back to some of the Cy Young’s won by relief pitchers. The game has certainly changed.

1 hour ago, ManeLine said:

Buehler might pitch his way into keeper talk for me if he keeps pitching the way he is

He was on my draft radar. Wasn’t expecting Dodgers injuries that allowed him the spot and now he’s just cementing his spot 

Archived