Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

The best part of this league is trading players making moves to change your keepers its hands down the best part of this league, some owners get to stale with there rosters keep the same keepers year after year wont ever move them no matter what the offers are back to them. Its kind of strange when you think about it but every one outside of me tried to get Trout from One king I would almost bet at one time yet he wouldn't move him for nothing. Then a new owner came in first thing he did was trade Trout to Phreak, ironically the first thing that happen after a new owner took over Phreak team Trout a player that no one could ever get is dealt away again. Now its Harper he was another player no one could trade for then a new owner came into the league first thing he did was trade Harper to Phreak.

Amazing trend I might add, lol. 

So now everyone will talk to the new owner because its refreshing new blood to the league with different opinions of player value.

3 hours ago, LION KING said:

The best part of this league is trading players making moves to change your keepers its hands down the best part of this league, some owners get to stale with there rosters keep the same keepers year after year wont ever move them no matter what the offers are back to them. Its kind of strange when you think about it but every one outside of me tried to get Trout from One king I would almost bet at one time yet he wouldn't move him for nothing. Then a new owner came in first thing he did was trade Trout to Phreak, ironically the first thing that happen after a new owner took over Phreak team Trout a player that no one could ever get is dealt away again. Now its Harper he was another player no one could trade for then a new owner came into the league first thing he did was trade Harper to Phreak.

So now everyone will talk to the new owner because its refreshing new blood to the league with different opinions of player value.

Absolutely. Im in the elite league in the baseball forum (almost a decade now) and its much more fun w active owners who make trades and reply. 

New owners def do bring fresh blood. 

4 hours ago, LION KING said:

I am actually retooling myself this season been in playoffs every year been here since day one. I drafted Correa & Bogaerts as prospects should of kept both knew they were going to be great and owners in here are reaching all the time for prospects. I decided this year to play really for next for the 1st time I am not looking to make playoffs this season.

I drafted Bogaerts 1st round pick to get my SS prospect who I should of never traded back he is a keeper for me in 2019.

I got a lot of talent right now players to move before deadline no doubt about it.

1 BAEZ  1st round pick last year

2 Boggaerts 1st round pick this year.

3 Goldie traded for 2 years ago still considered top 20 player struggling for the 1st time with Avg so like Harper watching him.

4 Story SS

5 Herrera OF

6 Lamb 3b

7 Franco 3b

8 Posey C clearly dropping or trading at deadline keeper value is way down now due to age but yet still rather have him at Catcher right now.

9 Rodgers  my top prospect  , Rodon SP really talented but injured & Newcomb SP love that kid but he just to raw right now.

I’m ready to wheel and deal some prospects and picks. Hit me up if interested 

My only untouchables are Acuna, Benny, and Ohtani. Everyone else is available for the right price. 

I'm mostly looking for SP and a maybe a new closer, but I'm willing to package multiple players for an upgrade pretty much anywhere. 

5 hours ago, LION KING said:

Pretty much.

I traded Harper.?

In my view he’s to inconsistent and has never really reached his potential. 

But hey, that’s just me.

1 hour ago, TimeForChange said:

Been rotating through the same streaming pitchers for weeks now.

Just dropped a bunch of dead weight and picked them all up

It’s a good strategy. I will loose this week because I play my pitching. Detfan is carefully deploying pitching which is very effective as well.

I just have to play my guys.

Archived