Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

Two players fouled balls of their foot tonight. Listed DTD...that has got to hurt. Not just them but my lineup.?

Watched the Astros Boston game. Verlander is such a great pitcher to watch. Tonight he gave up a pair of runs which, by this years standard, is a poor performance.? He’s having a monster season at 35. The commentators claim Verlander wants to pitch 10 more years. As he’s aged he’s really learned how to pitch. 

Is it just me or has Cabrera looked disinterested at times this season?

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Is it just me or has Cabrera looked disinterested at times this season?

I think Miggy (no matter how much I love the guy) has always been kind of a brat... And now more than ever his life is catching up to him as he's aging. He's always banged up. I think he really dislikes the media and now that the Tigers aren't particularly good he just doesn't really care as much. Honestly, I don't blame him too much... Hard to grind it out when you're not having fun, and he can't really force himself into becoming the kind of person that's an A+ mentor. Plus, now that Mr. I and DD are gone, he probably feels like it's a ghost town.

Verlander is incredible. Really fun to watch. I'm incredibly happy that he left on such good terms.

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I think Miggy (no matter how much I love the guy) has always been kind of a brat... And now more than ever his life is catching up to him as he's aging. He's always banged up. I think he really dislikes the media and now that the Tigers aren't particularly good he just doesn't really care as much. Honestly, I don't blame him too much... Hard to grind it out when you're not having fun, and he can't really force himself into becoming the kind of person that's an A+ mentor. Plus, now that Mr. I and DD are gone, he probably feels like it's a ghost town.

Verlander is incredible. Really fun to watch. I'm incredibly happy that he left on such good terms.

One of my fan experiences was being at the game when he no hit the Jays. I took photos of every pitch he threw to the last batter. So I have a photo of his last pitch in the second no hitter he threw. 

Im still disappointed they didn’t do more when they had a stacked rotation and Miggy was in his prime. Ah, what could’ve been.?

Ive only been able to catch a few Tigers games this year. They seem to have a few good young players and having 1st pick will help. I don’t think anyone thought they would be close to a .500 ball club entering June. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

So three guys go DTD last night. Now, the Orioles Yankees is ppd and I lose two more bats.

? What to do.

Its all good you had a edge in at bats anyway perhaps it evens out today some. Anyway this one is coming down to the wire good luck VP!

4 hours ago, LION KING said:

Its all good you had a edge in at bats anyway perhaps it evens out today some. Anyway this one is coming down to the wire good luck VP!

Given the nine more hits and better batting average I’m not certain I had a big advantage in at bats. 

Its all good anyway. My guys couldn’t hit a basketball today. ?

Archived