Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

13 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

That offer for trout was easily the best i got. 

Freeman is a cornerstone, sanchez is an animal. I needed young talent. 

Its obviously awesome having trout and harper, but when the rest of your team is below average, what am i supposed to do?

Well, I offered 2 firsts, a second and a third as well as three players.

That was a starting point because all you said was listening to offers. Not knowing your preferences I had to start somewhere. ?

15 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well, I offered 2 firsts, a second and a third as well as three players.

That was a starting point because all you said was listening to offers. Not knowing your preferences I had to start somewhere. ?

Shouldve started out w players,  picks always should come after. The players always peak interest, not picks. 

For example, Freeman and Sanchez make me wrandy while high picks are meh

5 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Shouldve started out w players,  picks always should come after. The players always peak interest, not picks. 

200w.gif

8 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Well, your objectives were unknown and your a new member. One can’t read your mind. 

If you’re looking for players as the main point of a trade then you should at least mention it or send a counter identifying players as your objective. If someone is retooling a roster picks are as important as players and absent any input someone making an offer simply puts something together as a starting point. 

9 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well, your objectives were unknown and your a new member. One can’t read your mind. 

If you’re looking for players as the main point of a trade then you should at least mention it or send a counter identifying players as your objective. If someone is retooling a roster picks are as important as players and absent any input someone making an offer simply puts something together as a starting point. 

I understand where youre coming from

You have to get a talented player back with your trade if your going with draft picks you still need a prospect or young talent back otherwise why bother making a trade of a Stud player if your not getting something back.

I see your roster the trade of Trout has given you
1 Sanchez Catcher who is right now the best young hitting catcher.
2 Freeman pretty solid 1st baseman now took awhile but he is nice add
3 Harper OF struggling with his Avg for the 1st time in his life but 2 talented OF!

Outside of that really Andrus SS is interesting and Darvish SP maybe but I agree with the new owner talent is pretty slim on Preaks old team outside of Trout and Harper is really lacking when he took over.

6 minutes ago, LION KING said:

You have to get a talented player back with your trade if your going with draft picks you still need a prospect or young talent back otherwise why bother making a trade of a Stud player if your not getting something back.

• Sometimes, sure. However not countering an offer really leaves you somewhat handcuffed.
  • Situations are different aren’t they? If I decide to retool I’m not looking for players. I would want picks.

The point is, in every negotiation, communication.

I am actually retooling myself this season been in playoffs every year been here since day one. I drafted Correa & Bogaerts as prospects should of kept both knew they were going to be great and owners in here are reaching all the time for prospects. I decided this year to play really for next for the 1st time I am not looking to make playoffs this season.

I drafted Bogaerts 1st round pick to get my SS prospect who I should of never traded back he is a keeper for me in 2019.

I got a lot of talent right now players to move before deadline no doubt about it.

1 BAEZ  1st round pick last year

2 Boggaerts 1st round pick this year.

3 Goldie traded for 2 years ago still considered top 20 player struggling for the 1st time with Avg so like Harper watching him.

4 Story SS

5 Herrera OF

6 Lamb 3b

7 Franco 3b

8 Posey C clearly dropping or trading at deadline keeper value is way down now due to age but yet still rather have him at Catcher right now.

9 Rodgers  my top prospect  , Rodon SP really talented but injured & Newcomb SP love that kid but he just to raw right now.

For the 1st time I can say I don't know what 5 Keepers I will have in 2019!

Locks for 2019 to be on NOVI

1 Baez 2B

2 Bogaerts SS

I might trade any one else to make changes just not sure yet what I am going to do.

Archived