Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'[m sure everyone knows who you are after, but is anyone ever really worth that?  Throwing in the towel for two years pretty much to get one guy?  If I were to ever veto a trade, that would probably be it. I would probably veto that trade for Trout.

I fail to see how it is throwing in the towel. I made the playoffs last year with significantly worse picks than that.

2 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

That Japenese feller?

That's my thoughts

32 minutes ago, FootballPhreak said:

I fail to see how it is throwing in the towel. I made the playoffs last year with significantly worse picks than that.

You have had worse picks because you traded them for various guys throughout the year.  Trading them for one would be throwing in the towel IMO.  Trading picks to build a team is very different than trading picks to get one player and having to wait a 2 years to add more talent. 

Also, not thatyou are a huge concern to not be here year over year, but if you did quite after this year for some reason it would be tough to hand a team with no draft.  

17 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Right, kinda how it starts slow, goes great for about 20 picks then stalls for a weekend, then picks up speed then stalls so we start skipping guys. ?

The draft was always painful.

Trying to be optimist but entire weekend wasted makes it hard 

I hate moving forward without people and overreaching, but I really don’t want to start much later than this upcoming week. The fastest we can do the draft is 18 days assuming we have no delays... we always run into something. I’m going to wait as long as we can, but in the coming days I may be forced to push things along a bit. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. I want to get this going just as much as everyone else. Just wanted to throw an update out there. Please check in regularly this week and in the coming days. When we start we’re going to have to get things moving. 

at this point i think we should just do an online live draft next week sometime. People may hate it but there is no way we finish this thing up in 18 days when we cant even have people pick their keepers.  I say we may as many draft pick trades as we want and then have a live online draft next week. But either way, i just want to get this thing moving.

Archived