Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

I'd also like to add that Castellanos seems like a wonderful lockeroom guy (he was making Martin laugh constantly), but he has horrible taste in music. Every year his walk-up music is by far the worst on the team. Ugh.

* at spring training. It actually looks like some of the stuff in season is pretty good.

14 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Did someone sneak him steroids or they are just projecting a 50% increase to his career high HRs?  My guess is Miggy is heathy and is easily our best hitter after his down year last year.  Even if he has sort of a down year I bet its better than Castellanos.  I would be less shocked if he was our 5th best hitter than I would be if he was our best.

Our 5th best hitter? Oh boy.. Who in this lineup sans Cabrera could u even argue is going to be remotely as good as Castellanos?

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Our 5th best hitter? Oh boy.. Who in this lineup sans Cabrera could u even argue is going to be remotely as good as Castellanos?

Glad you like him. I think it is safe to say that is why you valued him more than others and drafted him before others. 

I would personally rate him around #4 on our team and would be surprised (not shocked) if he surpassed 30hr. Be fun to watch and find out. His claim to fame never was his power, which was sufficient. His claim was more in the avg dept. I have been disappointed he has yet to flirt with .300. I would be very happy to see him correct that, much moreso than the hrs.

2 hours ago, FootballPhreak said:

Glad you like him. I think it is safe to say that is why you valued him more than others and drafted him before others. 

I would personally rate him around #4 on our team and would be surprised (not shocked) if he surpassed 30hr. Be fun to watch and find out. His claim to fame never was his power, which was sufficient. His claim was more in the avg dept. I have been disappointed he has yet to flirt with .300. I would be very happy to see him correct that, much moreso than the hrs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is gonna be a superstar or even a star by any means, I just think the Tigers are so devoid of hitting talent right now that with Castellanos progession and the fact they don't really have anything better to offer that he will be one of the top 2 hitters on the team, by default even.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, detroitlions72003 said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is gonna be a superstar or even a star by any means, I just think the Tigers are so devoid of hitting talent right now that with Castellanos progession and the fact they don't really have anything better to offer that he will be one of the top 2 hitters on the team, by default even.

As of now its probably Miggy, V Mart, and then a random order of Martin, Castellanos, Candelario.  I am not high on Nick, but he likely will get counting stats because he will be forced to hit higher in the lineup.  Yes we are void of talent but Nick doesn't stand out to me amongst the next group of talent.

U need pitching to win but injuries occur to them they're out for a long long time. I think investing picks during the draft with them is the way to go keeping them as keeper to high of a risk if they get injured its usually 1/2 the year out or the whole season with one of your top 5 players.

That is to high of a risk!

15 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Bird out 8 weeks for surgery. His foot/ankle problem lasted all year last year for me. Good luck to whoever has him

Knew I should have avoided him, but potential potential potential. I took 2 additional !B for just this reason tho.

Archived