Week 10 - GDT - 49ers (4-5) @ Saints (6-2)

Mid Iowa

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Good grief Payton. Every bloody play?!? Are you freaking kidding me. We have Kamara. If you want to run give it to our best running back. I hate this cutesy playcalling.

And if you're going to get any continuity with Winston, you gotta play him!

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Win is a win, but this one was just about as ugly as imaginable.

Still went 27 unanswered, which may have looked ugly, but that was a 3 phase win, which is how you win championships.
Kamara with 3 visits, 2 special teams takeaways, defensive turnovers. You can't ask for much more.

4 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I feel lucky to get a win. We did not play well, but the 49ers blessed us with a few turnovers. Hopefully none of the injuries are too serious. 

Honest to god, if the 49ers were anywhere near full strength, I'm not sure we win this game.

While a win is a win, we're back to slow starts and inconsistency on a snap to snap basis before last weeks domination. Defense started slow and then picked it up and shut down the 49ers. Offense sputtered the first half and really struggled second half.

I know other teams have struggled too, but bloody hell if we want to go deep into the playoffs, we need to be consistent. Talent is there. Playcalling is presumeably coming around. All that remains is consistency. Lets see if we can get it in the coming weeks.

• Like 1