Week 10 - GDT - 49ers (4-5) @ Saints (6-2)

Mid Iowa

Really sloppy from both teams a ton of unnecessary turnovers and fumbles. That said, we were clearly the better team today and deserved the win. Good teams win the ugly games not just the blowouts like we had against the Bucs. Hoping to see Michael Thomas get more involved next week that should give our offense another dimension that's been missing. Defensively I thought we have continued to look better than we did early on this season. Way less undisciplined penalties keeping drives alive and just overall look better as a unit.

42 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Sounds like Brees took himself out.  Must have been hurting pretty bad, I’ve never seen that before.

If Brees misses time, all we need Jameis to do is not throw picks.  We’ll see if he can manage that.  I trusted Teddy more, but we’ll see.  

In Brees's post game presser he said it had nothing to do with pain, but he thought he wouldn't be effective. 
With that said, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, who's buying?

He's supposed to get an MRI. Hopefully it's just a minor soft tissue injury that can heal up with some rest.

Our Schedule is favorable for some rest (Falcons, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles) although we are always the Falcons' super bowl, so we'll see, I guess.

Misc. note: Saints are well on their way to making the postseason (but I won't count my chickens before they've hatched) this year, which will make it 4 playoff births in a row, the first time the Payton/Brees Saints will have accomplished that. So that's kinda cool

3 hours ago, Fray32 said:

Misc. note: Saints are well on their way to making the postseason (but I won't count my chickens before they've hatched) this year, which will make it 4 playoff births in a row, the first time the Payton/Brees Saints will have accomplished that. So that's kinda cool

It would almost certainly have been 5 if not for bountygate.  Without the suspensions, we make the playoffs in 2012 IMO.  2014-2016 we were just too bad, but 2012 we should have made it. 

• Like 1

So apparently, he probably had the rib fractures before the game. But QBs typically play through rib fractures. The injury likely contributed to worsening the prior fractures and creating new fractures. The punctured lung is not a big factor...it'll heal up quickly. Brees isn't going off to surgery or getting admitted to the hospital...that's also very positive. It's going to be a matter of seeing that his ribs heal up well enough for him to tolerate pain...and I do think that they'll be a little bit more careful this time because he had a prior set-back. But it would NOT be surprising if Brees is under center 2-3 weeks from now. This seems awful, and it is...but it's not as bad as the thumb injury last year (from an ability to play standpoint).

• Like 1