Small Town Values

Who gets the (W)?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the (W)?

• Chiefs
    • Texans
    • SNF's ratings will be down again
    • BDL stud SNF with the ratings bonanza

The loss was expected, but losing Watt AND Mercilius is demoralizing. Watt is already confirmed as done for the year, but hoping that Mercilius only misses a few weeks. Clowney isn't enough to get this defense right, and the secondary is being exploited for the sieve they are. 

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

The loss was expected, but losing Watt AND Mercilius is demoralizing. Watt is already confirmed as done for the year, but hoping that Mercilius only misses a few weeks. Clowney isn't enough to get this defense right, and the secondary is being exploited for the sieve they are. 

They should have re-signed Bouye.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

In hindsight, yes - but the belief was that Kevin Johnson's return was going to offset that. Johnson is now hurt (again) and clearly regressed from year 2 to year 3 in his time on the field this season. 

I believe that money would have been an issue as well - this was pre-trading Brock, so the Texans had limited capital and a brewing situation with Hopkins going into his final year. Had the money been there, I think the team would operate differently.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:
5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

In hindsight, yes - but the belief was that Kevin Johnson's return was going to offset that. Johnson is now hurt (again) and clearly regressed from year 2 to year 3 in his time on the field this season. 

I believe that money would have been an issue as well - this was pre-trading Brock, so the Texans had limited capital and a brewing situation with Hopkins going into his final year. Had the money been there, I think the team would operate differently.

Don't excuse it. Even with Johnson we all knew Jackson needed to be at safety and Joseph was getting older.

At least we should have tagged him, which is what I wanted to do.

The reality is that Smith is just horrible with the secondary. He has mismanaged it his enitre career here.

8 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Don't excuse it. Even with Johnson we all knew Jackson needed to be at safety and Joseph was getting older.

At least we should have tagged him, which is what I wanted to do.

The reality is that Smith is just horrible with the secondary. He has mismanaged it his enitre career here.

Fair - I think my stance on Rick Smith is well documented. Had he been semi competent, we'd have a secondary with Andre Hal, Glover Quin, AJ Bouye, Jackson, Joseph, Johnson...

But, we don't.

Archived