Bigger New York Surprise? Jets in first or Giants at 0-5

Webmaster

Bigger New York Surprise?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger New York Surprise?

• Jets
    • Giants

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Jets are a bigger surprise.  I didn't think they'd win 3 games all season.  

The Giants had one good offensive lineman and no run game coming into the season.  Plus, a defense that was very unlikely to live up to last year.

Oh, and an aging QB that could decline drastically at any time.  And two distraction diva WRs.  

I'm really not all that surprised about the Giants.  They need to blow everything up. 

3 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Jets by far for me.

Giants have no running game, the worst offensive line in the league, a dead arm statue of a QB, and a terrible head coach. I saw their demise coming a mile away. Defense may win championships but it doesn't score you many points

You should be my BDL co-owner.  Similar minds.

Jets for sure. 

Not because I thought the Giants would be bad - they were my NFC East pick. Thought their defense was legit and adding Marshall would help take pressure off OBJ. I also thought the Jets would be a 2-14 level team. 

I was wrong.

JETE

i had them going 0-16. and though they've got the two most winnable games of their schedule out of the way realistically (cleveland, jacksonville) and could well go 3-13, i did not think they'd win a single game yet we have three teams sitting in the mccown zone

People thought the Jets might go 0-16 and be the lowest scoring offense in NFL history. I tried to argue that the Jets were going to win more games than last year simply because they removed the players that gave up, I'm still going to stand by that even though the rest of the schedule gets much harder. For me the Giants are the bigger surprise, too much talent to be blowing games the way they are.

The Jets have at least four more NFL caliber players than expected!

Brandon Shell looks like a Pro Bowl caliber RT and Marcus Maye has been better than expected at FS. Morris Claiborne and Demario Davis have been really strong veteran additions too. 

But yeah the Jets probably only have a couple wins left in them. 

Going into the season the Giants were predicted by many to be a potential division winner and Super Bowl contender. They look like they are the worst team in the NFC. 

Going into the season the Jets were predicted to be all time bad and possibly an 0-16 team. They won 3 games against mediocre opponents. 

So to make a long story short. Depending on how much you subscribed to either notion, you could pick either. To me the Giants lost some games to pretty bad opponents and might actually be worse than the Jets. Thats more alarming than the Jets not being as bad as predicted and taking some wins off a few scrubs and being in a 3 way tie for first in the division early in the season.

The Jets are likely moderately better than expected. The Giants went from NFC contender to worst team in the conference. That's a bigger difference even if the Jets were predicted to be historically bad they are only moderately bad. O don't know how anybody could be impressed by a Browns win. 

Archived