NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One strange thing for the Jazz with our current group is that it's almost as though it's impossible for all of our players to play well at the same time. Like whenever one guy plays well, other guys struggle. We're never able to put it all together. 

it's a funky season so far. teams are all over the place. nuggets are the same, haven't figured it out yet 

19 minutes ago, champ11 said:

it's a funky season so far. teams are all over the place. nuggets are the same, haven't figured it out yet 

Nuggets are now pretty much the team they were in the past. Great offensively and abysmal defensively. Not sure that is going to change with their current roster. Definitely need to trade for a legit wing defender. 

33 minutes ago, champ11 said:

This dates back to last year though, we've never really had a stretch where Mitchell, Conley, Bogdanovic, and Gobert all play well at the same time. And during the Snyder era we've been notorious for slow starts both in games and in the season as a whole. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nuggets are now pretty much the team they were in the past. Great offensively and abysmal defensively. Not sure that is going to change with their current roster. Definitely need to trade for a legit wing defender. 

nah. not quite. we have a top 5 or so player and a top 30 or so player. but definitely need more defensive talent. they aren't as bad as they have shown so far tho. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

This dates back to last year though, we've never really had a stretch where Mitchell, Conley, Bogdanovic, and Gobert all play well at the same time. And during the Snyder era we've been notorious for slow starts both in games and in the season as a whole. 

true. we get the iffy start and then the 20-0 run when the schedule gets light lol 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

nah. not quite. we have a top 5 or so player and a top 30 or so player. but definitely need more defensive talent. they aren't as bad as they have shown so far tho. 

I mean sure, but they are back to being an offensive juggernaut and flawed defensively.

Yeah, they can still play better defense for sure, and I think they will. But not serious contenders unless they pick up a wing defender. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, but they are back to being an offensive juggernaut and flawed defensively.

Yeah, they can still play better defense for sure, and I think they will. But not serious contenders unless they pick up a wing defender. 

yeah we need better defensive talent, period. jerami unexpectedly leaving pushed them back into needing to be flexible. i love jamychal green and he has been awesome so far....but he's a bench dude. and not a wing. of course on top of the brand new bench and trying to integrate MPJ, Harris and Barton have been terrible to start the year. so hopefully they pull it together and we stabilize 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah we need better defensive talent, period. jerami unexpectedly leaving pushed them back into needing to be flexible. i love jamychal green and he has been awesome so far....but he's a bench dude. and not a wing. of course on top of the brand new bench and trying to integrate MPJ, Harris and Barton have been terrible to start the year. so hopefully they pull it together and we stabilize 

Honestly, not sure if Harris should be starting anymore. That's become a weakness of the team. 

Not really even sure how you guys can even upgrade the wing spot since you guys won't move Jokic/Murray/MPJ. Going to try to get someone like Ariza when/if he gets bought out. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, not sure if Harris should be starting anymore. That's become a weakness of the team. 

Not really even sure how you guys can even upgrade the wing spot since you guys won't move Jokic/Murray/MPJ. Going to try to get someone like Ariza when/if he gets bought out. 

Oh yeah Harris has been awful. I mean it really sucks that Milwaukee threw together the absurd package for Jrue. We were on the doorstep of getting that down per Lowe. Right now we have to play Harris and hope he gets some game back because our upside is higher with him finding his shot. He's an elite guard defender and is just a mess on offense. Crazy what happened to him. 

And yeah I don't really think there is a ton we can do unless we want to trade MPJ. And I don't think we want to punt on that potential for a short sighted move. We'll figure it out, I trust the FO. 

20 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i respect it. they had a superstar busting their balls, we don't. but we might need to make an all-in move at some point 

If Washington continues to struggle maybe Brad Beal? Oladipo looks to be back at 100% someone should've bought low before the season started.