NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But I thought putting up volume stats on a bad team made you better? That's what Luke Kennard did with the Pistons last season (alongside Wood) and that contract he got is looking horrendous right about now. 

Nah, the 4 other franchises that had their shot at Wood for free are just stupid!

Just now, champ11 said:

and jarrett allen is, lol? 

jarrett is a better role player. wood can play though. 

I never said Allen was great. I'd personally rather have Allen than Wood though. I think Wood's solid, I'd just prefer Allen because he's younger, cheaper, and a better rebounder/defender. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, beekay414 said:

It was a contract year. Don't fall for that trap lol. He's still a sieve on defense and a ball hog on offense. He's not a winning player in the long term.

i feel like that's just falling onto lazy analysis with "contract year" and "bad team" ... do I think he is an all star? no. do I think he should be the first option of an offense? no. but he is a good player. hard to not see that when watching him imo.

i'd rather have jarrett allen on my team, but scoffing at Wood over Allen is pretty wild to me. but obviously always interesting conversation when judging role players vs talented offensive players that aren't good enough to be elite

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It was a contract year. Don't fall for that trap lol. He's still a sieve on defense and a ball hog on offense. He's not a winning player in the long term.

Yeah, I'd definitely take Allen. He knows his role, give me the guy that can actually defend and gets me 11/10 on 5 attempts per game with a positive DBPM. Over the guy that takes 20 shots per game with a negative DBPM.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

i'd rather have jarrett allen on my team, but scoffing at Wood over Allen is pretty wild to me. but obviously always interesting conversation when judging role players vs talented offensive players that aren't good enough to be elite

Agreed. You don't have to crap on Wood for Allen to be good, they're very different players. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

i feel like that's just falling onto lazy analysis with "contract year" and "bad team" ... do I think he is an all star? no. do I think he should be the first option of an offense? no. but he is a good player. hard to not see that when watching him imo.

Nobody "scoffed" tho, homie. Show me where either I or @NYRaider scoffed at Wood over Allen. Wood is fine. Allen is a winning player. I'd rather win than watch a player put up fantasy stats.