NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

guys lmao, he's played in 4 games. he's 21. rookie season. coming off an injury. no offseason. he's played with no consistency and has gotten into no rhythm. 

he's not close defensively, so he isn't playing and he's likely not to be a rotational piece this year and thus far, they haven't needed him to be. once he's playing more than once a week and still looking mediocre from 3, then i'll be concerned. but again, you couldn't pay me to blink an eye right now

Just now, Troy Brown said:

guys lmao, he's played in 4 games. he's 21. rookie season. coming off an injury. no offseason. he's played with no consistency and has gotten into no rhythm. 

he's not close defensively, so he isn't playing and he's likely not to be a rotational piece this year and thus far, they haven't needed him to be. once he's playing more than once a week and still looking mediocre from 3, then i'll be concerned. but again, you couldn't pay me to blink an eye right now

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with him this season and everything to do with him as a prospect.

Just now, beekay414 said:

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with him this season and everything to do with him as a prospect.

it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a terrible shooter in the nba. some guys don't translate. but certainly not ready to feel like the celtics should have traded the pick 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a terrible shooter in the nba. some guys don't translate. but certainly not ready to feel like the celtics should have traded the pick 

Oh I don't care about that. I had him #13 in my final rankings so it's not like I didn't like the kid or lack belief in him. I just think it's a potential credible concern/observation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, he was still like 45% in the other games tho. It's fair to wait and see on both sides of the isle.

100% he may prove to be a marksman in the league. I just think it's something to monitor considering he only had a small sample size of elite shooting in college and has struggled shooting the 3 so far this season. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh I don't care about that. I had him #13 in my final rankings so it's not like I didn't like the kid or lack belief in him. I just think it's a potential credible concern/observation.

purely in discussing him as a prospect? agreed

"Should the Celtics be worried about Nesmith going 3/14 in his first 4 games?" feels like a tabloid headline or worse, weei topic

• Like 1

I mean, Nesmith isn't likely to have very good numbers this year and I ain't gonna be very concerned about it. He's playing behind a pretty stacked group of guards/wings. He was supposed to take Semi's minutes and Semi has been pretty solid and reliable so no need to rush nesmith and they won't. 

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

purely in discussing him as a prospect? agreed

"Should the Celtics be worried about Nesmith going 3/14 in his first 4 games?" feels like a tabloid headline or worse, weei topic

I wouldn't be considered but it's definitely something to monitor as the year goes on. Is he an elite shooter like he showed in a small sample size as a sophomore or just an average shooter like he showed over a 30+ game sample size as a freshman. I'm not saying to write him off, that he's a bust, or that he can't improve. I'm just saying it'll be interesting to see how he shoots as the year goes on. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't be considered but it's definitely something to monitor as the year goes on. Is he an elite shooter like he showed in a small sample size as a sophomore or just an average shooter like he showed over a 30+ game sample size as a freshman. I'm not saying to write him off, that he's a bust, or that he can't improve. I'm just saying it'll be interesting to see how he shoots as the year goes on. 

I meaaaan... this year? sure, it's always worth watching rookies develop. Semi is shooting 42 percent from 3. He's not likely to lose his minutes to Nesmith any time soon. 

• Like 1

This years Lakers team is so much more balanced offensively than last years squad. Last year AD averaged 26 and Bron averaged 25 with Kuzma being their only other player averaging 10+ ppg at 10.5 ppg. This year LeBron is averaging 24, AD is averaging 22, and they have 4 other guys averaging 10+ ppg with Schroder averaging 14.2 ppg, Harrell averaging 13.6 ppg, Kuzma averaging 10.5 ppg, amd KCP averaging 10.1 ppg. 

17 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I meaaaan... this year? sure, it's always worth watching rookies develop. Semi is shooting 42 percent from 3. He's not likely to lose his minutes to Nesmith any time soon. 

I'm so happy to see Semi finally carving out a role for himself in the league. I had such high expectations for him coming into Duke and was so disappointed when he transferred out, great to see him sticking around the league and in a rotation for a good team.