NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm so happy to see Semi finally carving out a role for himself in the league. I had such high expectations for him coming into Duke and was so disappointed when he transferred out, great to see him sticking around the league and in a rotation for a good team. 

again, it's a small sample size but he must have known his time was running out cause he's been twice the offensive option he's been in the past. his point total last year was 236. he's already at 76 through 11 games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

again, it's a small sample size but he must have known his time was running out cause he's been twice the offensive option he's been in the past. his point total last year was 236. he's already at 76 through 11 games. 

Even going back to his Duke days Semi was always obviously super talented it has just taken him some time to find his footing and figure out his role. But I'm glad to see him having some success in Boston. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even going back to his Duke days Semi was always obviously super talented it has just taken him some time to find his footing and figure out his role. But I'm glad to see him having some success in Boston. 

Interesting. Didn't realize he was a duke transfer. Only knew of him after he blew up that year at smu.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Interesting. Didn't realize he was a duke transfer. Only knew of him after he blew up that year at smu.

He came into Duke as a 5* recruit and was the Kansas Boys HS player of the year after averaging like 40 ppg as a senior. Before his freshman year there were clips released of him doing some insane things in scrimmages so he had a ton of hype around him. But then he never really found a role at Duke or a consistent place in our rotation so he decided to transfer out to SMU where he had a great Jr season there. 

I think not living up to expectations at Duke and having to transfer negatively affected his psyche and he's still figuring it out. But the guy is very talented and I'm glad he's finally starting to find his footing because there's no doubt that he has the tools to be a very good role player in the league. He's a freak athlete and a good shooter so he should stick around the league for a while. 

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Shai is a stud. Hopefully the Thunder can use those draft picks wisely and build around him. 

It will be interesting to see what draft capital they end up with because they could have two high picks depending on what happens with Miami/Houston.

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Harden still tanking 

He was pretty damn good after the rocky start. Not holding the ball for 20 seconds a possession like in Houston and passing the ish out of the ball.

The biggest winner of the Harden addition is Harris. When Kyrie returns, he's going to probably going to get 5-7 wide open 3s a game. This offense is going to be insane. Harden is also going to defend better consistently.