NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can't wait either! Without Draymond, the first two games may be a little ugly but they should be fine once he returns. So much unknown with Wiseman since he hardly played last year and didn't play in preseason. But yeah, you start him and let him have his growing pains. I can't imagine him getting more than 15-20 minutes today though. 

You don't take him #2 overall to play him 15-20 minutes a night so that you can play guys like Paschall and Chris. Very excited to see Wiseman play, he has Chris Bosh type potential if at all clicks for him. 

21 hours ago, Kirill said:

George Hill has been the player coach so far. He said in his first interview here his job is to lead and mentor these guys and you can see him coaching guys on the sidelines. Horford is also a good veteran presence but more so in terms of his skillset. Good floor spacer and a good passer who will provide plenty of scoring opportunities for our young guards.

I feel like Presti tells these guys if they just chill and are a good lockerroom presence he'll help send them where they want to go in when a trade materializes. Thats what he did with Chris Paul. We also got Ariza but he's not with the team, not sure what his deal is.

OKC has been one of the winningest franchises in the league over the past decade and has done an excellent job of drafting/developing talent and using assets to acquire star talent. You guys will probably be meh for a year or two but in the NBA you almost want to be a contender or a bottom feeder that's rebuilding with young talent so you have a chance at a high pick. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't take him #2 overall to play him 15-20 minutes a night so that you can play guys like Paschall and Chris. Very excited to see Wiseman play, he has Chris Bosh type potential if at all clicks for him. 

He didn't have any preseason action and was out for a large portion of camp due to Covid-19. He's not going to get major minutes in the early going. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why? They were a top 15 ranked defensive team last season. Were they that much worse in the games Kyrie played? No reason for them to be a bottom 5 defensive team.

New coach with a new system for the most part.

Trusting Pelton's RPM projection for this one. His system thinks they'll be 26th in defensive efficiency this season.

Could be wrong though. They were middle of the pack 2 years ago and top 10 last season like you said.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

New coach with a new system for the most part.

Trusting Pelton's RPM projection for this one. His system thinks they'll be 26th in defensive efficiency this season.

Could be wrong though. They were middle of the pack 2 years ago and top 10 last season like you said.

I think Pelton's RPM is going off of Durant not being the same player though. They had him as a high end role player IIRC. That is a f'n joke and they are making it seem like he is Kobe after his Achilles injury. 

New coach or not, this team should at least be a middle of the pack defense. Jordan/Allen should protect the rim well enough and they have a solid amount of length on their team. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He didn't have any preseason action and was out for a large portion of camp due to Covid-19. He's not going to get major minutes in the early going. 

I could see limited minutes early on but he's going to be a huge factor in if you're a playoff team or not. 

Yeah I wouldn’t expect Wiseman to play more than 20 minutes.. 25 max. That will probably be like that for the first two weeks or month. 

Just wanna see some Curry/Wiseman PnR.

I do like the Warriors potential on defense. They’re long and have a lot of athleticism just gonna come down to the Will to do it every night. 

With that being said I don’t see the Nets being a good defensive team. 

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I do like the Warriors potential on defense. They’re long and have a lot of athleticism just gonna come down to the Will to do it every night. 

If they buy in Oubre - Wiggins - Green - Wiseman can be a pretty damn solid defensive group 2-5. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Also saw a stat where Curry has average about 13 3s a game in the final two preseasons games. Gonna need him to be a high volume guy this year. 

Oh, he's definitely going to get them up this season. The Dubs will win a lot of games with Steph going off in low scoring games. He's going to be putting on a lot of shows this season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, he's definitely going to get them up this season. The Dubs will win a lot of games with Steph going off in low scoring games. He's going to be putting on a lot of shows this season. 

Interested to see if Wiggins/Oubre/Wiseman can score consistently to take some of the pressure off of him so he can stay healthy throughout the year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Interested to see if Wiggins/Oubre/Wiseman can score consistently to take some of the pressure off of him so he can stay healthy throughout the year. 

They won't be able to come consistently. Steph will get them a lot of open looks but this team desperately lacks shooting. Oubre with his cutting ability and being active will get his points and Wiggins will get enough shots to get his, but overall this team is going to have to win with its defense.