NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Okay show me where all those other baskets were against Dennis and how those 6 points I brought up weren't BS?

idc about "bs" buckets from the eyes of a heinsohn. they count just the same. i ain't gonna do this, it's daylight out, i just don't know if we should be using the words "held in check" for a game like that but if you feel confident in that he was held in check, god bless ya

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

idc about "bs" buckets from the eyes of a heinsohn. they count just the same. i ain't gonna do this, it's daylight out, i just don't know if we should be using the words "held in check" for a game like that but if you feel confident in that he was held in check, god bless ya

1st Quarter 

9:06 - Dame makes a 3 pointer off a Nurkic screen on Schroder where Gasol plays it horribly and its a wide open attempt.

6:07 - Dame gets a BS superstar call on a 3PT attempt where Schroder didn't foul him. Hits all 3 free throws.

5:42 - Schroder does a good job working around the screen and forces Dame into losing the ball out of bounds for a turnover.

2nd Quarter 

3:42 - Lillard goes around Nurkic who gives Schroder a slap across the face which slows down his chase of Dame who knocks down a 18 footer.

1:16 - Schroder chases Dame around the court and contests a mid range shot which Dame misses.

0:32 - Lillard lays a shoulder into Schroder's face (lol....) and gets the foul call. Hits both free throws.

3rd Quarter

10:53 - Schroder makes the mistake of switching off Dame to CJ when he didn't need to and CJ passes back to Dame and Schroder has to panic to run back to his man and Dame dribbles into a 3 pointer and knocks it down. Bad defense there.

9:56 - Dame works his way around another Nurkic screen to get open for a 3 pointer. Schroder closed the distance, but didn't contest an already jumping Dame trying not to get called for another BS foul and Dame air balls the three.

9:03 - Schroder steals the ball from Dame, but not sure I would count this as a W or L for either since Dennis clearly stuck his leg out and should've been a kicked ball.

7:44 - Schroder gets a good contest on a Dame 3 pointer and it comes up short off front rim.... immediately after Schroder took it right up the court and powered through Dame for a lay-up. That part isn't defense, but just thought I'd throw that in there.

5:58 - Schroder gets picked on offense and loses track of where Dame (his man) is in transition and Covington finds him cutting to the basket for an easy lay-up. Not really a sign of Dame beating him as a defender though.

5:17 - Schroder gets screened by Hood and allows Lillard to pull up into a long 3 over an outstretched Kuzma contest for a swish. Good shot by Dame, but didn't have as much to do with Schroder's defense so much as a good screen and good shot by Dame.

1:33 - Schroder gets screened by Covington and Dame gets up quick into an off balance 3 point attempt and luckily banked it in. Cool?

0:34 - This shot was a good 2 point bank on the move heading to the baseline, but it was on Wesley Matthews. Not Schroder.

4th Quarter

5:43 - Lillard gets a wide open 3 point attempt against KCP, but bricks it well short barely off the front of the iron.

4:26 - Lillard does a great job spinning off the dribble against Schroder and hitting a great 3 pointer over an outstretched AD. Probably his most impressive basket of the night against Dennis.

3:56 - Covington sets a screen on Schroder, but he does a good job getting around. Lillard has already elevated into his 3 point attempt though and air balls it again.

2:55 - Lillard does a good cut on Schroder and catches him sleeping and manages to finish the lay-up after initially losing it. Nice job there.

2:17 - Lillard with probably his 2nd best shot on Schroder after that one he spun off him into the contested AD three. This time he did a nice behind the back dribble and got even with Dennis who just fouled him on a jump float shot in the lane for a 3 point play.

-End Game-

Conclusion: He made a few impressive plays on Schroder, but overall Schroder did a good job defensively on him. Pestering him all the way and making nothing easy even the more impressive baskets he scored, so yes he did a good job on him defensively and played the better game overall of the two PGs when factoring in both offense and defense. I'm not a homer just because you don't pay attention to the game that you're watching and just box score scout. 

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I figured it was gonna be a significant enough of a sprain to keep him out at least a few weeks. This is about as good of news as Memphis fans could have hoped for.

This probably kills any playoff chance they might have had, but they'll get Morant and JJJ back around the same time, so that's good.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I figured it was gonna be a significant enough of a sprain to keep him out at least a few weeks. This is about as good of news as Memphis fans could have hoped for.

This probably kills any playoff chance they might have had, but they'll get Morant and JJJ back around the same time, so that's good.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

how long did it take you lmao 

Maybe 10-15 mins tops going through the recording of the game I have and using ESPN's play-by-play. It wasn't that hard. Gave me more of an appreciation for what Schroder did on ball and some of where he lacked with off ball defense and also the few impressive shots Dame did make against him. It was a good battle. Wouldn't mind seeing it again in the playoffs, but I think Blazers probably wants to avoid the Lakers if they can based on what happened last year. I will say they are a deeper team this year and the Covington addition definitely helps on defense. I forgot we can't have actual in-depth discussions on the NBA forum like we do on the NFL forums. Everything has to be hot takes and crap like that lol.

Most of the games today are kind of lame. I like the TNT games though.

Hoping to see a good possible ECF match-up with the Bucks and Heat, then Pelicans and Suns should be a fun fast paced offensive battle. Want to see Booker and/or BI go off.

Also, Sabonis gonna make the Celtics his sons again?

Kings/Nuggets isn't that bad, but I don't see the Kings being able to win that one. I'll probably try and tune in a little for Jokic and Haliburton though.