BDL 2020 Divisional Round - #7 Cuba Smugglers @ #2 Gotham Gashslayers

rackcs

#7 Cuba Smugglers @ #2 Gotham Gashslayers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2020 at 05:01 AM

I'm just not sure I understand Cuba's gameplan offensively where he wants to attack Rhodes and Verrett when they've both been good this year, especially when he says Marvin Jones on either is a matchup he looks to exploit. Jones is fine but he's not really that kind of guy I feel like. On the other hand, I liked Gotham's ideas for how to use Jacobs and to attack Cuba's LBs. This is definitely a tough matchup as usual for Atlantic foes but I think Gotham takes it here by just a little bit.

21 hours ago, Whicker said:

This was definitely a tough game to decide. I keep going back and forth.

I think both running games find some success in what ultimately turns into a defensive struggle. I like Gotham's spy on Cook, but I don't believe it's going to entirely shut him down. Gotham finds its success on the ground due to the deep safeties of Cuba. I think Gotham has a slight advantage here.

In the passing game, however, I think Cuba is able to eek out a victory. Both sides match up well with each other, but I think Cuba's bracket coverage on Hill is the superior play over the single coverage on Justin Jefferson. Deshaun Watson is able to extend enough plays in crucial moments to find his big play guys and Cuba gets a victory.

16 hours ago, Jlash said:

To be honest, last week after realizing these two had to play again in back to back weeks I didn't see much of a chance for Cuba. But I think he planned very well in this one, he got exactly what he wanted in Minkah being the safety in charge of run support, Simmons being a weak spot in single high looks, Jacobs getting heavy usage right off the bat in his return. 

With Jenkins back, I really like how his secondary matches up with Gotham, no more Sherman on Tyreek. 

Gotham's TE's could find some sneaky success here on PA in this game since they aren't really mentioned here, but I think Cuba will live with that, and escape with win. Third times a charm.

This is where I land as well.

Cuba.