Gus Malzahn out at Auburn

Texansfan713

26 minutes ago, winitall said:

Their hot board on 247 has been negged to -12. I don’t think that happened to FSU even when they swung and missed on Stoops. This is hilarious. 

for reference this was a post that said kevin steele was basically far and away the favorite

and he and some other defensive coaches have been telling recruits they'll still be at auburn next year

8 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

for reference this was a post that said kevin steele was basically far and away the favorite

and he and some other defensive coaches have been telling recruits they'll still be at auburn next year

I thought there was zero chance of that happening, but some dude on a Gator forum is saying it's going to be Steele. Dear god. Auburn fired their HC to promote the lesser coach?

Edited by jrry32

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I thought there was zero chance of that happening, but some dude on a Gator forum is saying it's going to be Steele. Dear god. Auburn fired their HC to promote the lesser coach?

keep in mind there really isn't even an auburn beat writer with any inside information so that guy is most likely throwing **** and seeing if it sticks

but never count out auburn to auburn things up

Just now, catcheryea said:

keep in mind there really isn't even an auburn beat writer with any inside information so that guy is most likely throwing **** and seeing if it sticks

It doesn't sound plausible. But who knows. I can't believe Auburn would pay Gus's buyout so that they could promote Steele.

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

I love these sentences back to back in the 247 hot board:

"Auburn thinks very highly of his ability to develop talent and implement a standard.

He was last a head coach 18 years ago at Baylor, where he was fired after going 1-31 in the Big 12."

18 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I love these sentences back to back in the 247 hot board:

"Auburn thinks very highly of his ability to develop talent and implement a standard.

He was last a head coach 18 years ago at Baylor, where he was fired after going 1-31 in the Big 12."

i think we can all agree 247 is not the pinnacle of journalism

phillip marshall wrote something not that long ago where the one of the paragraphs was a direct copy paste of the paragraph two before it